TomTom One 3rd - Tripmaster install

I need some help with the Tripmaster 1.8 app running on TomTom One 3rd... I managed to install/copy Tripmaster files but the application doesn't start. My opinion is that it has to do something with the 'AppPath' definition within the 'sdkregistry/tripmaster.cap' file. Current entry is:

AppPath|/mnt/sdcard/tripmaster/|

It looks to me that this path doesn't work on TomTom ONE 3rd as there's no 'sdcard' memory on this model and this path should differ. I was already trying various path variations without success. As example:

/tripmaster/
../tripmaster/

If anybody has some idea why this application won't start on this specific model or a suggestion for a correct path entry, please, let me know.

TNX!

Tripmaster on a 3rd edition

I did install Tripmaster on my 3rd edition and it works great with just one issue for me. The path is correct (/mnt/sdcard/tripmaster/), even though you don't have an sd card the linux os sees the memory installed as this path.

When you first start TM it will have a scrambled screen. If you hit the bottom right corner of your screen it should go back to a TomTom screen. Restart the unit and connect to your PC. Edit the file /tripmaster/config.txt and change the screenadaptation section to read 'screenadaptation rider2'

Now TM will start up fine. The only problem I have with the app is in the config screens if I go to change a value the screen scrambles on me. So I just change them with a text editor.

Enjoy!
Gary

Last edited:
Thanks for a quick reply, Gary! Unfortunately, I was hoping I'd get that scrambled screeen, but what happens in my case is following. I tap on 'Tripmaster' icon and it just returns back to the map screen. That made me think there's a problem with a link to actual application and possibly a wrong path... I'd be happy if I could get that scrambled screen...

Regards,

D.

It worked this time! i have no clue what failed in my previous attempt, but it's finally OK. Thanks for your suggestions! :)

Finally

Three time I changed screenadaptation from none to rider2 and each time it got changed back to none. I don't know what I was doing wrong but now it is finally working on my TT ONE LE. Very nice program.

Three time I changed screenadaptation from none to rider2 and each time it got changed back to none. I don't know what I was doing wrong but now it is finally working on my TT ONE LE. Very nice program.

Mine is doing the same thing. Each time I save it and verify it saved, the disconnect the GPS to use it, it's scrambled. Then I reconnect to see it has reverted back to none.

Edit: Scratch that, the instructions say to use Wordpad, not Notepad to edit the text. That was the trick.

Last edited:
Did they fix the garbled screen for the settings menus?

It's the first time I've used the application, but the only issue I noted was I couldn't change the timezone/GMT offset due to the screen garbling up. The other options I tried seemed to work fine.

It's the first time I've used the application, but the only issue I noted was I couldn't change the timezone/GMT offset due to the screen garbling up. The other options I tried seemed to work fine.
Yep, that's what I was talking about. You can't change any of the settings. I'm waiting for a new version that will work. Thanks

Use a text editor to change the settings! Granted, you have to have access to a PC to do it (unless you go to all the trouble of makeing "console" work then load Pico for editing). The software works great, we just need a better keyboard interface. This is why it would be so cool if TTExplorer worked on all our TT's! (Hint, Hint all you programers out there!)

Ask a Question