tomtom one 2nd edition not recongizing 2 gb sd card

About a month ago I bought a refurbed 2nd edtion tomtom(i1 gb internal memory, with sd slot). This device came with USA_and_Canada maps version 665.1293. After reading everybodies post about upgrading to a 2 gb sd card and putting the new version of the North America maps on the device I said why not me. Well I now have a 2gb sd ADATA card loaded with the North Amercan maps but the tomtom no like. The device boots up fine, but when I check version number of maps and so on, it still shows the map version v665.1293. When I go to the menu to change maps it only shows the GUAM and USA_Canada maps. I was think that it should show the North America maps as well. If anybody has any ideas I could sure use the help since I seem to of bitten off more then I can download. Thank you in advance

OK people next question. I managed to get the North America maps working by going into TomTom Home and using the "Operate my device" menu option. When in this option it allowed me to switch to the North America map. Funny that I could not do this on the unit itself.

Anyways my new question is: When I go into the menu option "Show contents of my device" in the TomTom Home program it shows 2 North America maps. The first one says "North America 1756mb on computer" and it list the location. The second one says "North America 12556mb on device". Please note that these sizes are approximates. I don't have the device with me to give you the exact sizes, but does anyone know why there is a size difference. Do I need to load again or is there a valid explanation for the differences. Thank You

Ask a Question