TomTom One 2nd Edition - keep or return

TomTom Model(s)
ONE 2nd Ed.
Hey guys, I'm really glad I stumbled across this website. I received a TomTom One for Christmas and thanks to information here have determined it is a 2nd Edition.

From reading here it seems that the biggest downside of keeping the 2nd Edition will be the hassle of getting a free map update out of TomTom.

Am I correct that even though the 2nd Edition doesn't "come with" MapShare that it will get the feature if I upgrade to a newer map version?

What I'm not sure of is, (assuming I don't want to return it for a higher priced model), should I keep the 2nd Edition, exchange it for a 3rd Edition, or exchange it for an LE from Best Buy?

Please let me know what you think. I appreciate your time and thoughts.

ONE-keep or return

Had a ONE 2nd ed. for the past year and it worked great and was able to get maps for it. Haven't seen anything about not getting maps. All I can say is it is easy and works great. Since you got it as a gift I guess upgrading it would not cost you very much so if you have any doubts... do it! :rolleyes:

Your v2 is a good unit, better than the 3rd Edition. What is your map version? Have you tried to get a free update through the Home program?

Feature-wise, the LE is the same as the v2. But you may get newer maps. Unfortunately, you can't tell from the box.

(To see your map version, tap where the satellite bars are, then tap again on the box with the version number. An info screen will appear.)

So just to update this thread for anyone who may find it via a future search, thanks to help from Pedro in this thread linked below, I have decided to keep my ONE 2nd Edition.
https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=4657&page=2

After installing and running updates I am at:
App 7.162 / OS: 2327
GPS 1.21 Boot: 5.3026
And after some time on hold, followed by uploading a copy of my receipt, I am at USA_and_Canada Map version 710.1575

Ask a Question