Tomtom one 130 POI entry

I am a recently new owner of the Tomtom one130. I purchased it from CC since I was interested in a basic nav unit. Anyway, Ive been a lurking individual here for awhile. Great forum and very informative. Hello to all.

Ive added POI entries from Tomtom Home but after some reading have found that adding your own additional POI entries isnt an option. Has anyone cracked this "code" for adding your own POI that isnt on TT Home? Ive tried adding files to TT but the files are TTV files and those that Ive attempted to add are ov2 files. Im trying to add multiple location(Honda/Subaru car dealerships nationwide) POI. I could add them to favorites but thats a HUGE PITA. Im computer literate but no expert. TIA

ov2 files must reside in the specific map folder on the unit. Is that where you put them? And what did you use to create them?

I used others(I googled Subaru poi) ov2 files and put them in the map file. There has got to be a way to upload these files I just havent figured it out yet. TIA.

If you have gotten a file called, for example, Subaru.ov2, then that FILE goes directly into your specific map FOLDER (such as 'USA&Canada').

I tried that with another ov2 file and it didnt work. I couldnt pull it up under POI. TIA

Last edited:
Under poi where? Go into Preferences-->Manage pois on map and scroll down the list. Is the one you want checked off? Are the .ov2 files actually in the specific map folder? (Use Explorer to look and see).

Unfortunately after some indepth web searching it seems that this model doesnt come with user added POI. I can only add them from TT Home.

One other question. When unplugged from the car adapter does the TT screen turn off? Recently I began using it in the car, unplugged from the 12v adapter and the screen turns off regardless of whether or not I'm moving. TIA

There is a preference setting on higher end units to turn off map when external power is lost. I do not know whether that option is on your device. (If it is, you'll find it on the 2nd page of Battery Savings)

Unfortunately after some indepth web searching it seems that this model doesnt come with user added POI. I can only add them from TT Home.

One other question. When unplugged from the car adapter does the TT screen turn off? Recently I began using it in the car, unplugged from the 12v adapter and the screen turns off regardless of whether or not I'm moving. TIA

I sure hope that isn't true...customization of user-created POIs is one of the most important reasons for using a GPS.

Maybe you and I should try an experiment. If you can send me a Private Message with your home addres, I'll create a dummy POI that is very close to where you reside. I'll have you load the POI files into your TomTom and see if they show up on your device.

The only problem is that my tomtom doesnt have the option to manage POI's. I can only add POI's from tomtom Home from the web. Ive tried adding them to the maps file with the ov2 extension and it never has worked. Seems as though I cant add them since I dont have the manage poi tab.

Do you have an icon saying 'show more menu options' or 'show fewer menu options' by any chance?

The only problem is that my tomtom doesnt have the option to manage POI's. I can only add POI's from tomtom Home from the web. Ive tried adding them to the maps file with the ov2 extension and it never has worked. Seems as though I cant add them since I dont have the manage poi tab.

When you copy the *.ov2 file to the maps directory, do you also copy over a *.bmp file with the same filename? Without an icon, it won't show up.

Actually I just repackaged the TT up. The screen turns off when you are driving and loses your map image. I changed the preference to have the map display always on(I never changed it but for some reason the screen turns off). I'll be honest, I'm not too impressed with this unit(I know its the cheapest you can buy). My wife and I did a test run today to a known destination and it was about 3 miles off. Not a real good test result. I know Circuit City will hastle me for a return but I may see about getting another TT but with a few more features. Thanks for everyones help and interest to figure this out. I really appreciate it. Ill let everyone know what I got.

Ask a Question