TomTom One 125 Firmware Rollback Failure

I just picked up a TomTom One 125 to replace by beloved One 3rd Edition which was stolne. I really miss the itinerary function, so I was following some directions here to restore that functionality but have had no luck so far. I am hoping someone can offer advice, otherwise I will have to return the unit.

The unit came preinstalled with the dread 8.x firmware and I have attempted to downgrade it using the Oldboy firmwares. I attempted both of these and the unit would not boot with either of them:

TomTom ONE V7.166
TomTomGO x00 Series V7.162

I am simply replace the pre-existing files with the ones within the archives above. Is there something else I need to do?

Has anyone had any luck rolling back the firmware on a TomTom One 125?

thx

I purchased one of these for my wife. I tried the same things that you did with no luck.

With a custom menu, you could see the itinerary planning icon, it would just return to the nav screen.... eventually.

I got the device to run fine with the 7.166 version, but the itn planning would not work.

I almost bricked the device, so I returned to an "as new" state and stopped messing with it - my wife loves it as is :)

Good luck, I hope you succeed. I think that something specific is coded into the thing to keep these other functions from working.

In addition to falling back to the older firmware, did you also add the itinerary function following 'Birdman's' instructions?

Customizing Menus on the TomTom:
http://home.comcast.net/~spheasant1/Custom_menu.html

I still use itinerary function on my 3rd edition and continue to have to refuse firmware updates to keep it functioning that way. Still running firware 7.166

Ask a Question