Tomtom on Nexus 7

It meets all the formal requirements of app 1.2.

The only problem I've seen reported was that some countries wouldn't permit a purchase on the Nexus 7 with app 1.1. I haven't seen this complaint on 1.2 though.

The old Nexus 7 works fine with app 1.2.

However, app 1.2 does not function on the New (2013) Nexus 7. It has a higher resolution than Tomtom supports (max is 1280x800). Higher resolutions seemed to work fine on Android 4.2, but since Android 4.3 high-res devices no longer seem to work.

App 1.3 is due around end of month and will formally support higher resolutions, we'll see if that improves things.

The old Nexus 7 works fine with app 1.2.

However, app 1.2 does not function on the New (2013) Nexus 7. It has a higher resolution than Tomtom supports (max is 1280x800). Higher resolutions seemed to work fine on Android 4.2, but since Android 4.3 high-res devices no longer seem to work.

App 1.3 is due around end of month and will formally support higher resolutions, we'll see if that improves things.
Great, I was thinking that there would be a new version! If it works with the Nexus 7.2 that would make the combo the answer for just about everyone! I use Garmins and found that while they do have a daylight readable screen they are under performers spec wise. Seems like it's a no brainer for Tom tom to keep up with the best selling tablet there is.

I did see where another poster saw 1.2 for 30 bucks, so that might be a tell.

Ask a Question