TomTom on a train???

Hey,
I'm an American living Germany. My TT910 was the best $$$ I've ever spent in my life and certainly saved my marriage!

Anyway, my daughter has a school project in which she wants to calculate the distance between the commuter train stops, as well as calculate the average speed per kilometer. I think with a hand held GPS this would be simple, but I'm wondering if we can do this with the TT910.

The one capability that will solve most of this issues is if I can calculate the distance traveled between stops with the TT910 even though I'm not traveling on the roads? Where is that function in th TT?:confused: A stop watch in the other hand can calculate time between stops. We can then calculate distance/time.

Thanks in advance!

Matt

Tomtom on Train

Sorry I don't think this is possible as tomtom maps are road maps! and Trains are on rails tomtom can calculate how much time and distance it takes by car on roads only!

Giorgio

Well,
I'm not really trying to follow any maps. I just want to create a starting point and then have TT record my distance traveled until I stop. Any GPS does this, but it doesn't seem to be an intuitive function on TT. I bet it's either hidden in there somewhere or available as an add-on.

All thoughts, suggestions, and feedback are welcome!!!
TIA,
Matt

Tripmaster 'might' work for you:

http://www.webazar.org/tomtom/plugins.php?lang=uk

Another option might be to use google earth and just follow the rail tracks virtually using the ruler>path function. If you're following rail lines in Gemany I suspect the accuracy should be pretty good as the imagery in Germany is awesome, with great resolution. You'll probably be able to see the cars in the station parking lots.

Hope this works for you.

Last edited:

Ask a Question