TomTom on a Harley

TomTom Model(s)
tomtom one
Here's a few pics of my motorcycle mount.

Attachments

• SL550662.jpg
    SL550662.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 740
  • SL550660.jpg
    SL550660.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 650
  • SL550661.jpg
    SL550661.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 595
How is the vibration? Or what did you use to dampen the vibration? I am looking to mount my one to my VTR1000, a v-twin sportbike. My main concern has been the vibration.

pajuggalo--12v lighter plug in.

ezerhoden--enclosing pic of rubber dampener.

Works OK,, Still a little vibration,,,,,

Attachments

• OilTankRubberMount.jpg
    OilTankRubberMount.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 445
Hwo about visibility? I have mounted my 910, and I have to use a sun bonnet or it is totally washed out in the sun.

Well it still washes out, but using the nite screen @ 100% and being lower does help a little, it's not perfect but better than being up high where I originally had it, still a work in progress.

Well it still washes out, but using the nite screen @ 100% and being lower does help a little, it's not perfect but better than being up high where I originally had it, still a work in progress.

There are a number of sun shields you can get. The hard ones look better, but I have had good luck with the soft, foldable "Glare Stomper" shade.

Used in during European Bikeweek last September - helped a lot when the sun was out. Also used a plastic baggie to protect against rain - which also worked OK at the time.

Now RAM has a new waterproof cradle with a soft plastic face that you can operate the unit touchscreen through. Have not tried it yet, but going to.

There are a number of sun shields you can get. The hard ones look better, but I have had good luck with the soft, foldable "Glare Stomper" shade.

Used in during European Bikeweek last September - helped a lot when the sun was out. Also used a plastic baggie to protect against rain - which also worked OK at the time.

Now RAM has a new waterproof cradle with a soft plastic face that you can operate the unit touchscreen through. Have not tried it yet, but going to.
I think this is the one you are talking about, I sent them an e-mail and got some info and it will be out this month, good price special on it.
http://www.expressmounts.com/item-ram-mount-aqua-box-6-medium-wide-gps-cradle/ramholaq6.htm
Looks like it might work just fine for foul weather, I just wish TT would make a visor for all the TT's like they do for the Rider, it looks good but don't know how much it shades.......

I think this is the one you are talking about, I sent them an e-mail and got some info and it will be out this month, good price special on it.
http://www.expressmounts.com/item-ram-mount-aqua-box-6-medium-wide-gps-cradle/ramholaq6.htm
Looks like it might work just fine for foul weather, I just wish TT would make a visor for all the TT's like they do for the Rider, it looks good but don't know how much it shades.......

That's the one I was referring to - thought it was out already - was planning to take one to Germany for a friend in mid-June. With the prices of the riders, I think using a discounted auto units with these mounts plus a little extra work make more sense.

Rain Cover

I have a cover the fits over my 720 and Satellite Radio.

Attachments

• DSC00168 (Small) (2).JPG
    DSC00168 (Small) (2).JPG
    66 KB · Views: 400
What about the rain ?

We had a little rain over the weekend, here is a shot of using a "cheap" clear plastic kitchen wrap, the type that sticks to itself. I want to try a thin sandwich bag next. It worked fairly good until we got over 70 mph. The Ram mount held everything in place as the plastic wrap was thin enough to not affect the mount.

Attachments

• tomtomrain0001.jpg
    tomtomrain0001.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 384

Ask a Question