Tomtom Navigator Tracking Add-ons (gps logging)

Hi,

I've been using Navigator 6 for a few months now on my Window Mobile 5 device and like it very much.

However, there is one must-have functionality missing: GPS tracking / logging. I'm writing here in hopes that someone here can help me find a solution for this...

So, do you know of any plugin / add-on / software that works with Navigator which allows us to log our trips and waypoints to be able to track trip information (distance covered, average speed, path, etc.)? I was very surprised (disapointed) to find out that this was not offered in Navigator 6 by default.

I was all thrilled when I found Webazar's Tripmaster, Offroad Navigator and NMEALogger ( http://www.webazar.org/tomtom/plugins.php?lang=uk ), but crushed when I realized they do not work with Navigator, only with Go, Rider and One.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Well, I just noticed that you're using Windows Mobile. Otherwise, I thought I had the solution for you in Cetus GPS (http://www.cetusgps.dk/), but it's only for Palm OS. Cetus is freeware, too.

There has to be something out there like it for the PocketPC, though. I would stop looking for an add-on to TomTom Navigator, and just start looking for a separate application. Navigator isn't as well supported on the PocketPC/Palm as it is with the TomTom GO devices.

Thanks.

I too have been saying to myself "There has to be something out there"! I finally decided to post here because I still haven't found anything and surely someone knows of a solution. (FYI: the folks at TomTom redirected me here when I first asked for the functionality 2 months ago).

When you say "I would stop looking for an add-on to TomTom Navigator, and just start looking for a separate application", do you have something in mind to suggest?

I asked for a TomTom add-on (or the likes) simply because I already have (and paid for) TomTom Navigator with all US&Canada maps, so I’m a bit reluctant to spend more money for something I believe should have been included in Navigator. But given the fact that I’ve found no other solution yet, I’m all ears…

I still don't understand why TomTom hasn't included this basic and so popular GPS feature in Navigator.

I was very surprised (disapointed) to find out that this was not offered in Navigator 6 by default.
Why? TT is an on-road navigator. It doesn't claim to be a general purpose GPS tool. Neither do its competitors.

There are many off-road GPS tracking programs for PPC.
e.g. GPSTuner, CompeGPS
Most of them have nothing to do with TomTom.

Have you looked at ToolsTools? which is a TT addin

Ask a Question