TomTom Mobile Voice - strange pronunciation!

Ahhh. I remember what I did. I went Into Tomtom labs and enabled TTS vouce
Somehow had missed that option! Using that, I also picked up a couple of the voices that come with Android. Using an S20 here.

For me, here in the U.S., it added
en-US-default (English US)
en-US-SMTI03 (English US)
es-US-default (Spanish US)
es-US-SMTf00 (Spanish US)

Will have to give those a try and see how they sound.

@Andybushman
Well spotted, I am an Iphone user but do have an old Android phone so checked this out. I downloaded the Beta Go App and enabled the TTS voices.

I am based in the UK and got a much larger choice of voices ( not sure of the differences between local and Network?) as you can see from the screenshots below. I tried the en-GB-language voice and the strange pronunciations seem to have disappeared. :)

Just got to be "very" patient and wait for TomTom to correct this on the iPhone version of the App...........;). Or migrate to use an Android phone for the TomTom app????

Screenshot_20230109-123916.png

Screenshot_20230109-123938.png

Screenshot_20230109-123955.png

For me these new Google voices in the TomTom app are a big improvement. They sound much more natural and have better pronunciation. At least in Dutch and English.

Ask a Question