TomTom.mnu Menu Structure Table

TomTom Model(s)
I am sure some of you have seen Menu Structure at OpenTom

I was thinking of putting all of the tasks in a Table over there and have already started. Table of Tasks (With Images)

So you may be asking yourself what is the reason for this new thread?
I am looking for getting and giving some feedback

Anyone think it should be changed and if you do how?

Thanks in advance

It looks very good, m8
However, from Preference Menu 4 to 7 of 8, why you made duplicate tasks (2 lines for same task) one for x30 and one for x40.
Why can't you just line them up side by side (per task) as you've done it for Main Menu and Preference Menu 1 to 3 of 8?

pianoCM,

I completely understand what you are referring to.
For example Preferences 4 of 8
There are two Rows of TASK_SET_STATUS one for the x30 and one for the x40

Why didn't I just have one TASK_SET_STATUS and have the images next to them?

I was following TomTom's layout of the Tasks as they appear on the device.
On a x20/x30 TASK_SET_STATUS or "Status Bar Preferences" is the first Task on that menu page
On a X40 it is the fifth Task on that menu page

Why was I following their layout?
1. To show how they like to rearrange everything and make it harder for a person to give support.

For example you say Tap "Mobile Phone" on the first Main Menu.
For a x20/x30 this would be correct as it is on Main Menu 1 of 3
However, TomTom decided to swap it with the "Live" icon so it got moved to Main Menu 2 of 3

2. In case a person wants to duplicate as much of their default menu layout as possible.
They would just have to follow the images down and copy the tasks.

I will admit that if they do this some of these menu pages would look like a ghost town such as "Preferences 7 of 8" it would only have two tasks.

3. The example menu was referring to duplicating the default menu and I thought it would be best to stay consistent with the article.

I however was also thinking of creating it based on task types like in the documentation
Have a look at configuration2.html from TomTom's last documentation
TomTomGO-SDK6_Documentation.zip

Here is a quick example of that style

What way do you think would be the best?

Last edited:
TomTom Services task for menu?

Do you know of a task for TomTom services? I was putting together a custom menu but didn't see that. All I found in the Wiki was Downloads.

dervari,

TomTom services should be TASK_MENU_DOWNLOAD

Some of the tasks are very strange like TASK_SET_CRADLE is for TomTom traffic :eek:

Here are some not in the table that if I were you I would add
TASK_DELETE_ROUTE Clear route without confirmation
TASK_EXIT_APP A button to Exit application or turn off the TomTom
TASK_SET_PROMPT "Speech preferences"
TASK_SET_GEO "Change Voice"

I was going to post everything in my user page at OpenTom but have stopped.

Frief told me he thinks the icons are problematic because I don't have a license for them so they would not be compatible with Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 and should be removed.

He did say that he was sorry for the work I put into the tables.

I tried asking one OpenTom sysop on IRC about them but never got a response
(They must have been offline)

I have also sent an email to the other sysop but have yet to get a response.

This was my first wiki and I don't know how to remove what I uploaded.
Also until I hear back from a sysop I don't want to remove either table but Frief can if he wants.

dervari,

TomTom services should be TASK_MENU_DOWNLOAD

Tried that one. It gave me the screen to download voices, maps, color scheme, etc. Nothing about weather, fuel prices, etc. Note this is on a 730 running the latest Navcore.

Would it be possible to download the icons from the x40 and put them on a TT 720? Icons at bottom LINK

The x30 icons look just like the 720 icons, but I the x40 series icons better. I noticed the x30 icons are .png and the x40 icons are .gif, unless they were just uploaded to the website like that.

Ask a Question