TomTom Maps Summer Promotion

TomTom Model(s)
ONE v2
I opened up TT HOME and on the bottom left corner I get this:

summerpromomaps.jpg

Discuss :)

I used this promo when I ordered the v6.75 North America map via the TomTom UK web site:

109.95 EURO -20% = 87.95 EURO

Hmm the yahoo currency converter says 87.95 EURO is $118 US. However, they 'only' charged me $101 ( according to my credit card statement ). Still kind of PO'ed that I had to buy those to get a decent set of maps on my new ONE unit..sigh.

yeah I was wondering about that. I'm gonna wait til TT and TeleAtlas figure something out (although I suspect it's more to do with TT than TeleAtlas). The Canadian roads need to be updated.

sorry :)

With the new 6.75 canada+us maps i noticed alot of updates on roads and such over 6.65 maps.

Ive also noticed that the North american 6.5 maps are just as good or better than the can+us 6.75 maps. Go figure:confused:

So ive finally settled on my Go 510 with TTS, North american 6.5, video and mp3 playback :)

I think im done now till the new maps come out.

sorry :)

With the new 6.75 canada+us maps i noticed alot of updates on roads and such over 6.65 maps.

Ive also noticed that the North american 6.5 maps are just as good or better than the can+us 6.75 maps. Go figure:confused:

So ive finally settled on my Go 510 with TTS, North american 6.5, video and mp3 playback :)

I think im done now till the new maps come out.

ahh ok great thanks! Now I know I definitely need a 2GB SD card for the v665 North American maps. I'm still using v660 USA_and_Canada because the 665 version was no different in my area and they removed all Tim Hortons from the restaurant POI! :eek:

Just tried North america 6.65 and it does look nicer (different colors, a few new roads, etc) but i get more mapping errors and when i route to an address it sometimes goes out of its way to get me there.

So i still stand by the 6.5 north american maps and the 6.75 can+us maps. You can also take the best poi (in your opinion) from whichever mapset and put it on your tomtom (just overwrite it)

Dont forget to make backups each time you change something important such as this.

I used this promo when I ordered the v6.75 North America map via the TomTom UK web site:

109.95 EURO -20% = 87.95 EURO

Hmm the yahoo currency converter says 87.95 EURO is $118 US. However, they 'only' charged me $101 ( according to my credit card statement ). Still kind of PO'ed that I had to buy those to get a decent set of maps on my new ONE unit..sigh.

I've started my TT Home and price of USA&Canada (incl. Hawaii, Alaska & Puerto Rico) maps is only 79.95 Euro without any promotions and/or discounts.

Ask a Question