Tomtom maps 941?

Yes. Because of a cock up at TomTom, the original 940 map was too large to fit most XXL540 units. Once they got that sorted, they released a modified version, 941, for XXL units.

If you were one of those who managed to get 940 to fit, then there's no real reason to update to 941. Must have been tight!

You should now have both map sets stored at My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Download\complete\map. What are the sizes of the two most recent map folders?

Map 940 and 941 are identical.

941 will offer map zones if your device is out of space.

Am confused by that comment, mvl. TT server decides whether to offer zones or not. If identical, why renumber the full unzoned map to 941? I think I can understand why the zones might come out with new numbers since they were built AFTER the 940 release, and probably contain some slightly newer information as a result.

Whatever - 941 was in response to the problem of size, and as far as I know, there's no real benefit to reloading a full 941 map if 940 had previously fit on the unit. Are you aware of any?

I think once a map and its zoning rules are published, TT can't change it without breaking lots of things. So easier to rerelease as 941.

Agree no need to update 940 to 941 as there should be no changes.

Interesting. Would have expected at least a couple of revisions to have made it into a later map. They must have done a rebuild from the original 940 set rather than from current data.

Ask a Question