TomTom Map Update Update

910 Maps

The One has the most current maps until the end of Q4 when we will get the map upgrade. Here's the steps to check your map version. This comes from TT's site.

In the navigation view, tap the bottom right corner of the status bar, as
shown below:

mapversion.jpg

You will be taken to the Status summary screen. Tap on the application version number (bottom right corner again), as shown below:

mapversion1.jpg

As indicated below, your selected map name and version number will be displayed in this screen. In this instance, the map version is "650.1052":

mapversion2.jpg

While waiting on the N. American map update, I asked TT on 11/16 if 910 owners would also be getting upgraded European Maps. Was told we had the latest and greatest, but they have just announced (in Europe) new Maps over there - with thousands of new roads and extensions.

I thinks we (910 ) should expect to be getting these also, as users over there have been complaining loudly about how bad they are compared to Garmin. However, given their response to-date ....

I thought the new map issued for Europe was a that the 910 already had. It was more for the older GOs.

I think I read that x10 owners who bought their devices before April were covered by a 20% discount offer. Not clear what the status of the April and later owners is - possibly free update like we are supposed to see over here for the N. America map.

Since I got mine in March, my guess is I do not have the latest European map if that is the case over there too.

The other post yesterday on maps was from the European website (A lot of the info is in on the UK TomTom site - change the country on TT Home to UK and go to news - it should come up.

Aw yes, your right on the release date of April. However, there a few users who might of purchase their unit later than april but the unit's b-day might be before april's date. They would be eligible for the updated map.

Aw yes, your right on the release date of April. However, there a few users who might of purchase their unit later than april but the unit's b-day might be before April's date. They would be eligible for the updated map.

Do you know if there is a "Birth date" in the U.S. for US x10 units and N. America maps? I thought all US 910's would be getting updated NA maps per other posts.

World maps

At this time TT does not have maps for other countries (Unfortunately)
I hope TT is reading and to supply us with world maps!
I wonder if TT sells their products in other counties besides U.S.,Europe,Australia? And if not what nav systems do they offer in those countries? What would be good is to contact TeleAtlas and ask if they are planing or have maps for these countries?

Duh! So simple that I didn't think about it. That's a good suggestion... to contact TeleAtlas about the availability of maps for other countries.

I will post the information here if I get news worth reporting.

Thanks,
Eric

I had asked Tomtom a question about how up-to-date the Teleatlas data was for the upcoming map updates and how it would be priced for recent 910 purchases and got this back today.

"Thank you for contacting us regarding the GO unit mapping system upgrade. We're glad to help.

"At this time, we can only confirm that TeleAtlas has taken all information provided for map errors into consideration with the release of this map upgrade. When you receive the free map upgrade, please let us know if your issues have not been addressed. Currently, TomTom is promoting a mass North American map upgrade. Here is the latest on the map updates that will be coming out on DVD:

Start Date: December 2006 (there is not a confirmed day of release at this time)
Duration: 60 Days
Free updates will be for: ONE, Go510, Go910 and Navigator6
Update for $49.95 will apply to all other customers
Shipping costs will apply to all orders
Shipping cost will be approximately $6.00
"

But the thing is, my ONE's map version is 660.1215 whereas they said that the latest is 650.1023 or sth like that

Did I read that correctly? The North American map update will only cost $50 for customers like me (Go 700 owner)? That's a great deal. I bought my Go 700 backin May 2006 (new), so it's a bit annoying that they won't update that for free like the recently purchased X10's, but they did give me the v6 software update for free, basically making my older model something more like the X10 series anyway.

If that's their update price, I'm a happy man. That's the cheapest map update (other than free) I've seen yet for any GPS device or software I've owned thus far.

I do wish to point out that we are rapidly approaching the end of December though. Is TomTom corporate on our same calendar? ;)

Following a call to Tomtom today to ask a question (which I'm not convinced I got a correct answer), I asked if they were still on schedule for a December map update. I was told yes, "hopefully in the next 2 weeks". I pointed out that 2 weeks was all that was left of December to which the guy laughed, like he's tired of answering map update questions.

By the way, if you're familiar with the "POI along route" option, look for my question in the 910 group.

Ask a Question