TomTom LE, Favorites, memory and SD Card

I have the Tom Tom Limited Edition with the Bluetooth and the SD card slot.

I noticed that at least on my TomTom Limited Edition, you can only save a certain number of favorites before having to delete them.

If I use an SD card and insert it in the slot, can I get more memory, being able to save more favorites that way?

Not sure what TomTom Limited Edition you are referring to but, be that as it may, you can only save 48 favourites at a time. Trying to add more to an external card (especially for a non-Go model) will not be of use.....

HOWEVER..........

Many choose to create a custom poi category where you can have thousands of individual points if you wish.

And, if you name it something like _My_Favourites (notice the leading underscore?) then the file will 'float' to the top of the list for adding poi categories to your map

dhn said:
HOWEVER..........

Many choose to create a custom poi category where you can have thousands of individual points if you wish.

And, if you name it something like _My_Favourites (notice the leading underscore?) then the file will 'float' to the top of the list for adding poi categories to your map.

Not sure what this means exactly. In layman's terms? :)

The LE edition I have is the smaller screen edition 4x3 screen that came out in 2007-2008, IIRC.

Last edited:
Trying to add more to an external card (especially for a non-Go model) will not be of use...

I'm sure my SD card slot is good for something then. With PDAs and cell phones, it always means extra memory for storage.

So it looks like higher-end TomToms with the SD card slot have the ability to add extra favorites and more? So for the earlier TomToms, there has to be a way to modify it or over-ride the SD card slot feature...

Your favourites are kept in the mapsettings.cfg file within the specific map folder.

Here's how to convert that file to a custom ov2 file.

So it looks like higher-end TomToms with the SD card slot have the ability to add extra favorites and more? So for the earlier TomToms, there has to be a way to modify it or over-ride the SD card slot feature...

The SD slot can be used to store larger and multiple maps. But the ONE LE can't read SDHC, so it's limited to 2gb and the rare non-SDHC 4gb card.

Favorites are artificially limited by the application to 48. Additional SD space won't help.

What dhn recommended is to create a category of points of interest and name it "My favorites". The points of interest storage is virtually unlimited, and is a workaround for the 48-favorite limit.

Ask a Question