TomTom Keeps Jumping Between Screens

Manual screen cal off-set worked up to 8,051, it doesn't work with the newer Navcore releases AFAIK, the linked thread from the European forum is from a couple of years ago and Bart does mention the 8,051 restriction in the first few lines of the OP - Mike

If you read down further, he notes that in later firmware, you have to reverse the order of the Y data and use a different filename. I imagine that got appended later.

Ok, so just drove 8 hours to tennesse and the TomTom worked great as far as no jumping between screens but the touch screen is not calibrated right. So I did something threw all of this that fixed the screen scrolling/jumping issue but created this new problem. Which is better since I can use the remote. Any more ideas???

Thanks dhn

Ok, I was able to do that but no luck. It seems like when I do that the screen doesn't work at all. Any idea on what I have to change the numbers to? My data numbers are 82 935 139 850 I tried 935 82 139 850 and 82 935 850 139 but when I put those in it didn't work at all.
Since you running 8.351, you have to invert the values of the Y coordinates compared to previous firmware.

Max X, Min X, Max Y, Min Y

None of the numbers above seem to match that sequence. Try these values in the "cal.txt" (NOT "calib.txt" file in the root of your TT and see if it at least works. If so, that's where the fudging starts:

935 82 850 139

Since you don't say which way (X up, X down, Y up, Y down) things are messed up, it's impossible to know which way to suggest you fudge them.

Yep. Make sure you save it as 'all files' instead of text. You don't want a file created which is named cal.txt.txt

Do I have to change the encoding on the file to anything specific? It seems like when I do this nothing much happens.

Not sure whether you indeed have reinstalled the application software......

Delete all the loose files in the root of the unit, NO folders or their contents........

Connect to Home and download and installed the software it offers.

See if that helps........

(If you've already done this, then I'm stumped.......it may be hardware related).

So everyfile that is not in a folder should be deleted? I think I tried this before and I don't think it worked afterwards.

Again - thanks for you help

Does it matter if I save the notepad file as ANSI, UNICODE, UNICODE BIG ENDIAN or UTF-8?

still can't get this screen working

I think ANSI but, to make sure........

In Contol Panel, Folder Options-->View-->Advanced, make sure Show hiiden folders/files IS checked and that Hide extension for known file types is UNCHECKED.

Then use Explorer to look at the contents of your unit.

If the file cal.txt. appears as cal.txt.txt. then just rename to cal.txt.

Is it always just rearranging the numbers? Or could they be totally different numbers. My problem is when I hit the left side of the screen the right side gets pushed. It seems like when i hit hte bottom right that does work.

Ask a Question