TomTom internal memory only showing 200MB

Mrv

I formatted my Tomtom Go 920 internal memory by accident. When I have the tomtom connected to my Mac it shows two removal drives for my tomtom. One drive is 200mb and the other is 3.9GB. When I hook it up to my Pc the Tomtom only shows the 200MB drive.. I tried formatting on the PC and 200mb is all that is seen when you format it. What is going on? I would like to format it on the PC so I can reinstall my backup. I reinstall the backup on my mac the tomtom does not work and locks up.

I formatted my Tomtom Go 920 internal memory by accident. When I have the tomtom connected to my Mac it shows two removal drives for my tomtom. One drive is 200mb and the other is 3.9GB. When I hook it up to my Pc the Tomtom only shows the 200MB drive.. I tried formatting on the PC and 200mb is all that is seen when you format it. What is going on? I would like to format it on the PC so I can reinstall my backup. I reinstall the backup on my mac the tomtom does not work and locks up.

Probably you formatted the internal memory while connected to MAC and the internal memory uses a file system compatible only to MAC?
Are you also saying that the 3.9GB is the SD card you have inserted in the device's slot?

Probably you formatted the internal memory while connected to MAC and the internal memory uses a file system compatible only to MAC?
Are you also saying that the 3.9GB is the SD card you have inserted in the device's slot?

I did format the internal memory with a Mac at first. When I did this It created 2 drives or partitions for the internal memory one was 200mb and the other was 3.9G. When I took the TomTom to my Pc to reinstall my backup the TomTom only shows 200mb of Internal Memory. I tried reformatting with fat32 on the PC and it still only gives me 200MB and not the entire space of 4gigs.

Thanks guys. I was able to solve the problem. I used a program called killdisk and formatted it. Now all 4gigs showed up. Urgggggggggggggggg Windows 7 can't even format correctly. Thank god for Macs.

Thanks guys. I was able to solve the problem. I used a program called killdisk and formatted it. Now all 4gigs showed up. Urgggggggggggggggg Windows 7 can't even format correctly. Thank god for Macs.
Well, all is well that ends well!

Incidentally Mac uses MacOS which is based on FreeBSD which is very similar to Linux.

If you are so unhappy with Windows 7 on your PC, why not try dual booting it with a distribution of Linux such as Ubuntu or Kubuntu or something similar?

I'm not sure why the Mac created two partitions on the drive, but if that happens again go to Disk Administrator in Windows and it can remove the dual partitions and replace it with one partition.

Windows format isn't as powerful as Disk Administrator.

Ask a Question