tomtom inactive

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One 125
Ok, so I haven't used my tomtom in awhile. So I decided to plug it up to my computer to charge it. In doing so, I had the customary updates as I assumed there would be some. Every download failed. Then I tried each download individually, they all failed that way as well. Then I safely removed device from PC and turned it off, then turned it back on and now it said "no maps found". So I tried my back up to reload....that failed as well....now I started to panic. So I ended up uninstalling all software on PC, reboot PC then reinstalled software (tomtom home) and then tried to update device. It said no updates available. Then I found "maps" and added USA map and loaded it. It load, then It updated and now all is fine. So my bitch is "what the hell happened"? Why did my device crash as it where?

Who knows? That's why we always preach having a current Explorer, not Home, backup of the unit's contents.

Make another one now, since it appears to be working.

Ok, what is current explorer? What is the difference between explorer and Home? All ready done back up...but through Home. Is there something else I should be using?

Cool, thanks it worked like a charm. Very simple instructions. Next question: If there is such a big problem with TomTom's Home software back up why hasn't Tomtom's developers fixed the problem? You would think they would want to fix that issue.

Cool, thanks it worked like a charm. Very simple instructions. Next question: If there is such a big problem with TomTom's Home software back up why hasn't Tomtom's developers fixed the problem? You would think they would want to fix that issue.
MOST of the time, Home works well enough. However, there are times when the problems brought to the forums here require a piece that Home doesn't back up. Then we're unable to help the user get things turned around.

The absolutely biggest, mostest important, A #1 thing to have backed up on a PC using Explorer (or Finder, or whatever), is a complete copy of any current and recent map folders. No matter how badly bricked a unit appears to be, with those map folders, it's usually possible to get things up and running again.

Ask a Question