tomtom in hawaii

I don't know if that problem has ever been resolved. One poster said, whenever possible, navigate to a specific poi rather than an address.

are you having problems because of the dash? tomtom doesn't allow for dashes...don't know why when the competition does it fine.

i asked tomtom about it and said that they were working on it, but even if fixed, you would have to buy a new map since it's tied in with the maps.

tomtom themselves don't do it. they rely on the people who write their software.

Or, if you are fortunate enough to have an IPhone you can use the MAP application. I know you don't get spoken directions but have the significant other in the passenger seat do the talking and you're good to go.
:mad:
TomTom apparently does not support dashes (or letters) in the address and has not remedied that in over a year since the first posts.

I have problem entering street number in Hawaii. It will only take the first two digit code like 94-295 Kahuanani St, It will only take 94 and thats it. Anyone know how to solve this? TIA

Tomtom's device software doesn't support dashes. Their maps (from Teleatlas) do since when google used teleatlas, their maps were alphanumeric. So hopefully they'll upgrade the software to read non-numbers in their maps at some point.

It's been a complaint for at least three years, so it's apparently low on the priority list of fixes.

Post in the iPhone forum. I believe there is some grievance / complaint process that you can initiate with Apple to get a refund, someone there should know. I don't know as I don't have an iPhone nor iTouch.

Ask a Question