TomTom Home2 fails to install on Vista

GvS

I have a new laptop running Vista 64bit Build 6. When I run the TomTomHOME2 winlatest.exe that downloads from the TomTom site it requests the language then displays the first splash screen for the install - "Welcome to the TomTom Home Setup Wizard" close all program and click "Next" to continue but the "Next" button is not displayed, so I am unable to continue the install. - I did call support but they told me HP computers are not supported, then told me its Vistas fault not a problem with the TomTom install software. Then that they are not connected with TomTom just provide phone support and there is no way to raise this to level2 or anyone.

Anyone know how I might get past this problem and get Home2 installed??
tia...

I have a new laptop running Vista 64bit Build 6. When I run the TomTomHOME2 winlatest.exe that downloads from the TomTom site it requests the language then displays the first splash screen for the install - "Welcome to the TomTom Home Setup Wizard" close all program and click "Next" to continue but the "Next" button is not displayed, so I am unable to continue the install. - I did call support but they told me HP computers are not supported, then told me its Vistas fault not a problem with the TomTom install software. Then that they are not connected with TomTom just provide phone support and there is no way to raise this to level2 or anyone.

Anyone know how I might get past this problem and get Home2 installed??
tia...
Same thing happened with my new HP laptop. You can't see the buttons but they are there. Don't click in the lower right hand corner, thats the button that cancels the install, click a little further to the left of the right corner and it will continue.

That is really strange (unless there is a 64 bit issue with Home software). I am also surprised to hear the response you got from TomTom support - you might want to try again and ask for a supervisor.

I have a HP Laptop with Vista (32 bit though), and have had absolutely no problems installing and running TT Home. Just checked, and the buttons all come up.

However, I just checked on my 64 bit home-made Vista desktop, and no buttons - BUT, txturbo's recommendation works (for some reason, the buttons do not show - but they are there).

Same thing happened with my new HP laptop. You can't see the buttons but they are there. Don't click in the lower right hand corner, thats the button that cancels the install, click a little further to the left of the right corner and it will continue.

Thanks.. it worked..

Ask a Question