TomTom HOME

I can't seem to find any threads on the HOME software for the PC so....

Can someone explain to me why when I download something from TomTom.com it shows up as something installable in TomTom HOME. Yet when I download a voice or a POI file and put it in the folder that the downloads from TomTom.com are, those don't show up in TomTom HOMe as something I can install.

However, if I follow the directions on these 'third party' downloads and place them in the correct folder on my SD card they do show up in TomTom HOME as installed. (In the right hand pane).

Does this make sense? I've tried disconnecting, shutting down after a download.... basically anything I can think of to get the center pane to show what I can install, but there is nothing there except the downloads from TomTom.com

Cool gadget. I'll admit I bought this (well my wife did as my recommendation for an Xmas present for me) because it was cheaper and it was on Consumer Reports best buy list. However, from all the 'extras' that seem to be UK based... maybe I should have stuck with my gut on the Garmin Nuvi 350....

Granted I've only had this thing for about 4 days and already went to Niagara Falls from New Hampshire with it. It does have a lot of things I think are great and probably somethings I will never use. But I would think the software that comes with it to integrate with my laptop would be 'full featured'. (Anyone else think the User Manual needs work?????)

Hey.... base model, inexpensive device to get in into the whole GPS thing... I like it so far. It's just unfortunate I spent most of my younger years touring just about every road there is in New England on a motorcycle so I don't really need this thing.... but it does make the trip more fun. I have to say I was impressed that we were on our way home from Toronto and my wife wanted a good steak dinner and she was able to find someone 'on the fly' as we drove down the road instead of waiting for the big blue tourist info signs on the side of the highway.

Anyway......

Am I missing something stupid with this TomTom HOME application?

Not sure why it's not listing with TT Home. When I downloaded my free voice from TomTom's website it was automatically detected by Home.
Log onto TT's website and emailing Support.

Ask a Question