TomTom Home wont install file

TomTom Model(s)
510 and 920T
I just bought my 920 T today and am trying to connect to my Vista laptop. Everytime I try to launch HOME, I get an error saying, "TOM TOM needs to download new file to operate your device." When I press download, HOME tells me the file is unavailable and to try again later. Does anyone have any solutions?

tomtom support said on Sat. to wait till Monday to attempt downloads and updates due to some errors they were having from their end.

tomtom support said on Sat. to wait till Monday to attempt downloads and updates due to some errors they were having from their end.

I was going to post the same question. Glad to see someone already has a response from TomTom. .. Thanks

TomTom Home Wont recognize 920

Ok, now I'm still having problems connecting my 920 to TomTom HOME version 2.1. What gives here? Is TomTom having major issues with the 920? HOME wont recognize my device...can anyone help, this is frustrating me to no end. between this issue and not being able to open the remote to insert the batteries I am at wits end.

So you are describing two different problems here. Are you having problems connecting to HOME with your 920, as in the application doesn't recognize that your connected your device?

The second problem is, the Virtual TomTom (Operate my Go button), does it still say that the file is unavailable?

So you are describing two different problems here. Are you having problems connecting to HOME with your 920, as in the application doesn't recognize that your connected your device?

The second problem is, the Virtual TomTom (Operate my Go button), does it still say that the file is unavailable?

The problem that I am having now is that HOME wont recognize my device.

I have the same problem with my brand new 920T - it says there is a file missing and not available both for update and using the virtual tom tom.....anyone have any ideas here?

Ask a Question