TomTom Home will not run with Comodo Firewall?

I have recently changed my firewall from ZoneAlarm to Comodo and today is the first time I tried to run TomTom Home for a number of months.
I previously had version TTH 2.5 installed and I updated my TomTom One a number of times and took backups. When I ran it I got the initial splash screen which remained visible for about 20 seconds and then disappeared. The TTH icon remained in the system tray.
I then downloaded and installed the latest version v2.7.4.1962. I defined all the running TomTom apps as trusted apps within Comodo. When I went to run TTHome the splash screen was displayed as for the previous version and then disappeared after about the same time.
When I placed the cursor over the system tray icon it showed that my TomTom One was connected (which it was).
Am I condemned never to be able to update my TomTom device all the time I have a Comodo firewall or is there some other possible explanation?
I am running Windows Vista and Comodo firewall 4.1.150349.920.
TIA
Joe

Further to the above post.
I tried to run TTHome again and after the splash screen had disappeared I got an error message:
"TomTomHOMERuntime.exe failed with error 0: Process failed to start up correctly. If problem persists please reinstall from: http://www.tomtom.com/home"

Try this:

Go here...............

C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\Application Data\TomTom\HOME\Profiles\wf9hggg2.default
(I think on vista there is a 'all users' folder prior to the folder represented above as 'yourname')

The default folder on your unit won't match the actual name you see above but rename it to <whatever>.default.old

Now see what happens when you try to start Home.

Thanks for coming back with a possible solution.
I EXITed the app from the icon on the system tray and stopped the TomTomHOMEService.
I renamed the joe/AppData/Roaming/TomTom/Home/profiles/<xx.default> as you suggested.
When I tried to re-start TomTomHome I got the message with title "Close HOME" and contents "HOME is already running but is not responding. To open a new window you must first close the existing HOME process or restart your system."
I restarted the PC and when I tried to start TTHome with a right click over the icon in the system tray I got exactly the same "Close HOME" message as above.
I then closed the running TT processes. There were 2, TomTomHOMERunner and TomTomHOMEService.
Restarted TTHome. The result was the same.
Terminated the processes again and stopped the service. I then renamed the other instance of <xx.default> in joe/AppData/Local/TomTom/HOME/Profiles. Started TTHome again but again same result.
I'm totally confused now.
TIA
Joe

Later .....
I tried to start TomTomHome today from the system tray and I'm back to the original problem. I have shut down and rebooted a number of times since the fix in the last post worked. Does this mean I have to uninstall and reinstall every time I want to run TTH?

Ask a Question