TomTom Home v2.8

TomTom Model(s)
GO750
Hi
I need to update my maps but when I connect to TomTom Home, what is trying to display on my monitor is too big and and I am missing some of the display.

When I connect my GO 750 and try to login, a screen pops up advising that the GO 750 is a different unit to the unit I originally registered with (XL250).

I try to select the option to transfer the connection to the GO750 then I get a warning screen but I cannot see where to accept the changes as I expect that the accept button is off the screen and not visible.

When I go into TomTom Home Preferences I can see the blue circled "Cancel" button on the left at the bottom and part of another Blue circle on the right which I am guessing is the "Done" button

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

By the way, I am using a 19 LCD monitor (4:3 aspoect ratio) with the resolution set at 1280 x 1024.

Cheers

Last edited:
Try cancelling the box that appears and on the top right, attempt to log in with the email for the unit that is truly connected.

I only have the one email and wnt to transfer the asspciation from the XL250 to the GO750.

If I try and create another user for the GO750 it will NOT let me stating that the email is already allocated.

Cheers

Saw this tip on Tomtom's discussion forum by an employee of TT.

Don't know if it works.

Log in with the email address you want to use but preface email address with DISABLED so that it should look like:

DISABLEDemail address and password.

Then, log out and log back in with email address and password.

Try it.

With a bit of trouble and a lot of luck, while I was playing with the window trying to resize it, I managed to see a tiny little piece of 2 x buttons at the botton of the window and which was enough to proceed and transfer the association.

Now I stll have the existing problem with TomTom Home sizing on my monitor.

Is this a problem with V2.8 ? and should I try loading an earlier version especially if there is other problems with v2.8.
(I have heard of Bluetooth problems)
Cheers

But don't forget there's the problem of Home insisting on re-updating itself as soon as you run an earlier version.
You have to go back quite a long way in the version list to find one where it doesn't do that.

Alternatively, have a read through this topic for a way to "fool" Home into thinking it *is* the latest version.

Hi
I have read the article about fooling updating to think you are running the latest version of Home BUT on ver 2.8.1.2188 I CAN deselect the option in Tools/Home preferences "Check for Updates for my navigation device when connected to my computer" or is there another problem I am missing?

Earlier versions for the Home programme do NOT fix my display problem !!!!!!! :rant:

For most people, it IS a good idea to have the latest application offered and installed. However, for some, the combination of hardware/software they have is such that they don't want to update the application as it will screw up existing functionality.

Hi
I have read the article about fooling updating to think you are running the latest version of Home BUT on ver 2.8.1.2188 I CAN deselect the option in Tools/Home preferences "Check for Updates for my navigation device when connected to my computer" or is there another problem I am missing?
The configuration selection you mention is an all-or-nothing approach. Especially for the folks with map subscriptions, they WANT updates periodically. The problem is that in order to get ANY updates, the latest version of Home will force the firmware update as well.

Ask a Question