TomTom Home v2.8.2.2264

Should be ok. This version doesn't force you to update to the latest tomtom application. Which is good for some users.

Should be ok. This version doesn't force you to update to the latest tomtom application. Which is good for some users.

Does MyTomTom check for updates to itself automatically? I didn't see a button or option to check for updates, and I was wondering if it would do this for me, or if I'll have to download a new version from TomTom to see if it's different.

Last edited:
Are there any noteworthy changes with this version, or is it just misc bug fixes?

Greeting again,

Harry

Does MyTomTom check for updates to itself automatically? I didn't see a button or option to check for updates, and I was wondering if it would do this for me, or if I'll have to download a new version from TomTom to see if it's different.
Whoa - apples and oranges here. TomTom Home is for the older platform units. MyTomTom is for the 4 digit and Via units (i.e., 1XXX, 2XXX and Via). The OP was asking about Home, not MyTomTom (just so we don't get into confusion).

Does MyTomTom check for updates to itself automatically?

Assuming you are asking about MyTomTom... yes it does.

There are tick-able options for "Tell me when updates are available" (on the "General" tab of Settings), and "Install beta versions when available" (on the "About" tab).

But if there's a "critical update" to MyTomtom, it will update itself anyway, irrespective of those settings!

Are you sure about this?
I just try this Version with my GO 740 and 9.058 was still grey could not uncheck from update. I went back to 2.8.0.

Jim DB

That's strange............works for others (not forcing an application update on you).

There was some 'internal error' that pops up every now and then after I updated to v2.8.2.2264. It doesn't affect functionality (all I do is update my gps) but shows up as an error msg: I am wondering if ppl could shed some light on this issue?

There was some 'internal error' that pops up every now and then after I updated to v2.8.2.2264. It doesn't affect functionality (all I do is update my gps) but shows up as an error msg: I am wondering if ppl could shed some light on this issue?
Could be a server issue, could be Home taking exception to some old TT file on your PC ... without some specific info from you on the error (just copy and paste), we're not going to be able to explain it.

Ask a Question