tomtom home... poi's :confused:

i tried researching the forum to see if anyone else asked this question, and i didnt find it... so here i go.
i downloaded the tomtom home for my 130 and i cant for the life of me find out where the mapshare file is to add my own POI's onto my tomtom.. of course im new, so if anyone can help me with that it would greatly appriecated! also i need to figure out how to out a new picture on my startup screen b/c i tired using the pre-exsisting ones on tomtom home but it shows a white screen now.. please help! oh and any other tips would awsome :D

i tried researching the forum to see if anyone else asked this question, and i didnt find it... so here i go.
i downloaded the tomtom home for my 130 and i cant for the life of me find out where the mapshare file is to add my own POI's onto my tomtom.. of course im new, so if anyone can help me with that it would greatly appriecated! also i need to figure out how to out a new picture on my startup screen b/c i tired using the pre-exsisting ones on tomtom home but it shows a white screen now.. please help! oh and any other tips would awsome :D

First of All Welcome to the forum !

May I suggest you do an explorer back up before you do anything. If you aren't sure how to do this please Click_here

Your Poi files go in your N/A map folder. The best way to do this is use a free program Tyre to View, edit . and copy/save to your TT unit.
Click here for Tyre program

For Splash/Screen you can use this program to generate your jpeg picture into a splash screen for your unit. Just make sure you chose your model # as screen sizes are different.
Splash screen generator

Hello and welcome.

If you would like to add your own custom POI then you would probably use a third party program like Tyre or POIedit because I'm not sure if TomTom removed the 'Manage POIs' option from the new ONE series that allowed you to add a custom POI category.

If you want to add a POI to an existing POI category from TomTom, then you would use map share to do that. Under the second map correction pages, you will see two options for POIs: Add missing POI (add a missing location to an existing POI) and Edit POI (edit a POI that is exists internally).

Ask a Question