TomTom Home & Linux

TomTom Model(s)
700, 720 (Bought a 510 for my son and a new TOMTOM One XL for my neice.)
Asking for a friend. Will the TomTom Home program work on Linux computers?

Thanks -
Marty

Asking for a friend. Will the TomTom Home program work on Linux computers?

Thanks -
Marty

I have not seen a version of HOME that was compiled for a Linux operating system. Unless you have a PC or MAC emulator on your Linux system, I don't believe you have a means of runnuing HOME on Linux.

Wine doesn't do USB well (if at all?) So while the application may run I haven't been able to talk to the GPS, which is really the whole point.

Everything else in linux works fine though. You can access the FS and do pretty much anything you want. (except mapshare, which should be doable if someone can figure out the links to load)

Tomtom Home under Linux

Hi this is my first reply. I use Ubuntu on three desktops and one laptop. I use Crossover and Tomtom Home works perfect. Their is a trial version for 30 days. Just Google crossover it's by codeweavers.

Peter

Hello peterFC, when you say that TomTom Home runs well for you inside the 'Crossover' software, are you saying that the software (TomTom Home) see's your TomTom satnav model and updates it without problems, or did you have to do something first inside Ubuntu in order for the everything to work as it should.

regards
Livio

You're posting to a thread that is almost a year old. Don't know whether you'll get a reply.

Ask a Question