Tomtom Home is resetting my device

Ok, here's something maybe you can help me with. It seems that Tomtom home is resetting my quick-menu and my voice preference every time I use 'operate my device' option. I currently am using Tomtom home ver. 2.2.2.83 on my 920 T.

For my quick-menu, I like to have 'Jukebox', 'Nav to spoken address' (even though its not working right now), 'Fm Transmitter', 'Call...', and 'Turn off Sound' options. However after every time I try to use 'operate my device', it removes everything except for 'FM transmitter' and 'Turn off Sound' options. I go to 'change preferences' and then try to force home to accept those other options, but they don't exist! (only exist when i'm not sync'ed up to my pc).

For my voice, i've selected 'Susan computer voice' and that too gets reset every time I use 'operate my device'.

I've noticed that if I don't use 'operate my device', then I don't have any problems however, it's much easier setting up itineraries, favorites and other things thru 'operate my device' rather than directly on my device. Is this simply a bug in tomtom home that's going to get fixed in a later date or do I just need to suck it up and deal with it?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Not sure why 'Home' would be doing this. But, I've only used 'operate my device' once to try it out. Don't see any need in it as I'm going to use the device itself... not the computer simulation. :cool:

Ok, here's something maybe you can help me with. It seems that Tomtom home is resetting my quick-menu and my voice preference every time I use 'operate my device' option. I currently am using Tomtom home ver. 2.2.2.83 on my 920 T.

For my quick-menu, I like to have 'Jukebox', 'Nav to spoken address' (even though its not working right now), 'Fm Transmitter', 'Call...', and 'Turn off Sound' options. However after every time I try to use 'operate my device', it removes everything except for 'FM transmitter' and 'Turn off Sound' options. I go to 'change preferences' and then try to force home to accept those other options, but they don't exist! (only exist when i'm not sync'ed up to my pc).

For my voice, i've selected 'Susan computer voice' and that too gets reset every time I use 'operate my device'.

I've noticed that if I don't use 'operate my device', then I don't have any problems however, it's much easier setting up itineraries, favorites and other things thru 'operate my device' rather than directly on my device. Is this simply a bug in tomtom home that's going to get fixed in a later date or do I just need to suck it up and deal with it?

Any advice would be appreciated!

A documented software bug that often causes icons and settings to be lost when unit is connected to TTHome -- especially with quickmenu stuff.

I have mine to only show three POI on my map, and I've noticed that after I have it hooked up to home, several more have been checked to display.

Ask a Question