TomTom Home Installation

Hi Folks

This is my first post and I am hopeful that someone can point the way.

I have had a TomTom for a number of years and have never had a problem with updates etc

I recently had to reformat my HDD and found that my original TomTom installation disk is missing, I presumed that I could simply download the latest version of TomTom Home and all would be good. Unfortunately nothing happens when I try to install it,

Do I need to find or borrow the original install disk or is there another workaround?

Thanks

diggertpi

dhn .... New guy here with a Tom Tom Go 630 Traffic which arrived today. The pack included the device itself, in-car charger and windscreen mount. Nothing else. But that was exactly what I expected to receive.
But if I get hold of a copy of the HOME software, it looks like I will still be snookered because, in that link you posted there is no mention of that NET. Framework stuff working on a Mac computer.
Or is there some kind of workaround?
Cheers,
Steve

I honestly don't even know if a Mac utilizes that. Anyway, get the latest Home 2 from tomtom.com/home and get the app for the Mac.

Hi again,
That worked fine. I just need to wait for my new PC USB lead to arrive now.
Many thanks,
Steve

Any mini USB to normal USB lead will work to connect the TomTom to the computer, it doesn't have to be a docking station/ cradle - Mike

I thought of that, Mike, but I just don't have one that I can lay my hands on. I could run down to the nearest PC shop and buy one but there's no desperate need for one so I'm happy enough just to wait for them to turn up.
Cheers,
Steve

Ask a Question