TomTom HOME constant crash (OS X)

New to the forum, currently using TomTom GO930 alongside HOME 2.6.4.356 on my Intel MacBook, running OS X 10.5.8, having some serious issues with the application.

This is my issue: HOME crashes at random whenever I try to use it. It crashes when I try to retrieve the list of maps available for my TomTom to download, or any other components I wish to download (voices, places, etc). Whenever I do get the download to start, it crashes during install of maps or components. It crashes when I try to update my TomTom.

In short: it crashes constantly whenever I use it, and therefore I cannot use the application to complete the tasks on my TomTom that I want to perform.

Contacting TomTom support has yielded no results as of yet (I will not get into my views on that). To me, the software seems to be seriously flawed and utterly useless.

Any help, comments or thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated!

Are you using WiFi for the connection to the laptop? if so try it again but use a cable/ ethernet connection as WiFi is known to cause issues. Otherwise Home is best avoided, I think your description of its capability as "flawed and useless" is quite accurate to be honest - Mike

Last edited:
Thanks, Mike! I'm using a direct USB-connection. Currently testing the new beta version of HOME as I write. This version seems to be far more stable. Any other OS X users experiencing the same difficulties as I described initially, perhaps this will be an adequate solution for you too.

This is my first GPS ever, and when I did a little research online, my conclusion was that the TomTom software for OS X supposedly was the best software compared to other GPS manufacturers, which quote/unquote were labelled as "crap" on several different forums.

As of right now, the beta software is performing nicely. Updating my device now :)

This is my issue: HOME crashes at random whenever I try to use it. It crashes when I try to retrieve the list of maps available for my TomTom to download, or any other components I wish to download (voices, places, etc). Whenever I do get the download to start, it crashes during install of maps or components. It crashes when I try to update my TomTom.

I had the same problem on my Mac running OS10.5.8. I updated to the beta version of TomtomHome 10.5.7, and that appears to have fixed it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the same problem on my Mac running OS10.5.8. I updated to the beta version of TomtomHome 10.5.7, and that appears to have fixed it.

i run MAC OSX 10.5.8 and used to update for latest cards after 6 yrs. nonstop my TomTom Go930 used the TomTomHome software 2.9.2.1693 – did backup 1st – 2nd updated a few tiny things (all basic updated) and after reusing my TomTom it shows me now the red-X-cross-button no matter what i did to solve it – all the recommendation from TomTom website does not work. I guess the software installed wrong or did something worng during update so my devide now collapsed and does not know what it is anymore.

SO you guys talking about a TomTomHome 10.5.7 – where is it abvailable or is this just an typing error?
IF there is any solution for this issue pls. let me know. Highly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question