TomTom Home Backups

I noticed that the backups and restore process using TomTom Home seems to be working properly since I applied the updates for TomTom Home 2 and the subsequent patches. Have I just been lucky? Can I now stop making Windows Explorer Backups (remembering about the hidden files)?

Other than the fact it takes forever, I've always been able to use the TT Home backups.

I would advise against ever using Home for backups. It may work 9 times in a row but the 10th time, when you REALLY need the restore, it might crap out on you.

I upgraded both of my units to larger SD cards, so I have the original and copies on my hard drive.
I mostly do the backups for my favorites and a piece of mind.
That said, I've never used a single backup that I have made (other than to grab the mapsettings.cfg file).

I am considering getting a new map for my RiderV2 (I laugh because Home says there is no upgrade...) It's got Map 6.67 on it and the most current map is 8.85 or something like that. I'd have probably updated long ago if I used it more in my car and not just on the bike. If I do the new map, I WILL BACK UP THE SD CARD by utilizing Windows Explorer (or just get a new SD card for the new map)...

Ask a Question