TomTom Home, Apple Macintosh and mapshare?

@MaryR

You can register more than one device at a time - you just need to supply a separate email address (don't even have to be real ones) for each unit. I have two devices registered that both use Home. No issues. In fact, they use the same map set, and both have subscriptions, and when there is a new map released, I only have to download it once. When I go to update the 2nd unit, Home realizes that I have keys for both and just uses the same files for both units.

Next, what you downloaded IS a disk image of the installer itself. If it did not open automatically, double click it.

Hi thanks for above but.......
I have now managed to download Home but it tells me that I have to allocate files for everything to download.....ok, so I did as it said i.e. TTH, Pref, Folder Pref and yes there are no download folders specified for the four different items (Backup being one of them). Can you please assist, which files should I select for everything to be downloaded to? Should it be the same one for all? Sorry to be so dim but this new iMac is a challenge! Also how do I know when you have replied, I only found this reply by accident, can you let me know on my e mail [email protected]?
Now understand about registering more than one device so that is resolved although it still seems rather daft to me but if it works........
Wait to hear and would really like to update both my devices over the holiday.
Cheers Mary

For your model, you need tomtom Home. Get it at tomtom.com/home. Select the Mac version.

Once installed, the application will determine default folders for downloads, backups, etc.

When you open Home, its Tools menu-->Folder locations will show the information.

As for knowing something has appeared here for you .. well, you're only in one thread, so you could just pop in, but the facility exists to deal with automatic notification:

User CP (upper left up there)
Settings & Options / Edit Options
Messaging & Notification / Default Thread Subscription Mode

Not all users want email for every thread to which they've posted, so that's why it's an option.

In addition, you can manage this on a thread by thread basis even for threads where you haven't posted a message. At the top right of this page (give or take) see "Thread tools". You can "subscribe" there.

Ask a Question