Tomtom Home and wireless connection

SOrry if this has been discussed before. And I woul dbe greatful if someone could guide me to the right place:

I have a wireless connection at home. It all works great with normal internet and ...

But I noticed that when I used tthome 1.5 version, it completely screws up the connection. The window disconnects and I can't reconnect back unless I do a full reboot of the PC. ipconfig reset, renew, flushdns and ... don't seem to do anything once this happens. As said, a full reboot is the only way to get out of it.

If I run the tthome 2.5 version, when I try to logon, it always fails the first time and tells me the server didn't understand the request. I click on ok or retry and it works ok the second time.

Does anyone else have problems with tt and wireless connection?

Cheers

With a wireless connection.....

It is my understanding that the downloading of files, especially large ones, from TT Servers can be problematic (disconnects, file corruption). Not always but it can happen.

Often, making a direct connection to their servers using Home solves problems.

Home is flakey at times, their servers are flakey at times...

Do the math! :(

Try a direct connection and see if it helps.

I guess I mean with the pc connected directly to the modem/router through a usb or ethernet cable as contrasted to the wireless connection to the internet.

I have used TomTom wirelessly (with both 1.5 and 2.2-.5 Home versions) and had not problems like you describe. I have not had it download a map wirelessly, as it did occasionally loose the connection, but it did not have any problems reconnecting.

I did have some severe problems like yours relating to the USB connection with my original 910. It actually took out a motherboard once, and the USB connections on another. I was fortunate when the unit's USB itself failed, as it was replaced by TomTom and I never had problems again.

Be carefully - you might have a bad TT unit (with respect to its USB circuit), and if so, it could take your computer down.

Ask a Question