Tomtom HOME and Mac

tkp

I just bought a Tomtom 300, and downloaded the Mac version of HOME. However, when I put the cd in to update my 300 with Canadian maps, it doesnt seem to find the maps on the cd and doesn't let me update the device.
Any ideas?

Thanks.

I don't know what Mac & operating sys you are running but I had the same problem -- two words Boot Camp -- if you are on a intel mac down load Boot Camp from Apple (free) -- you will need an operating system --see a friend or go to NewEgg were I got XP for less then $100 -- install the above and you are good to go -- or you can borrow a computer -- FYI -- I tried Parrells first no joy -- I spoke with tech support from tomtom they are aware of the problem started with Mac's upgrade to 10.4.9 and they are working on a fix -- according to them it also effects Vista -- hope this helps

Thanks for the advice wb4fun but that sounds like more work than I wanna have to do.
Is it possible to upload the canadian maps without needing to use the Home application?

You should try downloading the most current Mac version of HOME from the TomTom site.

What Mac OS are you using? There's a known incompatibility problem between Mac OS 10.4.9 and TomTom HOME (the TomTom tech team say they're working on it)... I don't know if it's causing your issue, but there's a workaround. Try connecting your TomTom to the Mac using an older, low power USB port, such as the one on an older keyboard.

I believe you can also use a non-powered USB port expander - one of those cheapy USB devices that allows you to plug multiple USB devices into the same USB port. You can tell which is which at the store. If it has a power cord & costs more than $10, it's the wrong one.

You can also revert your MacOS to 10.4.8 easily & without worry you are going to mess something up (that is assuming you are running 10.4.9 - if not, nevermind). I reverted my MacBook back & have no problems using HOME or finding my 910.

Intel Mac users - OS X 10.4.10 is now out. One of the fixes includes the following:

Resolves an issue in which a TomTom GO 910 may not be recognized when connected via USB to an Intel-based Mac.

Ask a Question