TomTom Home 2 not recognizing TT GO 300.

TomTom Model(s)
TT GO 300
Hi all. My dad gave me his old TT GO 300, which is just an amazing little thing -- I can usually get lost simply crossing the street, so this little gizmo is miraculous. :)

Anyway, I downloaded TomTom Home v. 2.2.2.83. Following their instructions, I have started TTH, connected the powered-down TT to the computer, and turned on the TT. The computer (WinXP) recognizes the device; it is now a removable drive, as it should be.

TomTom Home maximizes itself, so it knows that a TomTom has been connected to the PC, however the "Device" menu entry is greyed out, and whatever action I try to take, e.g., "operate my device," it tells me to hook up my device, and will not go any further.

I have tried hooking it up repeatedly, turning it on and off, etc., always with the same results as described above. I went to the TT site, and registered there, including the device code, but that made no difference with the TTH app.

Any hints, clues, suggestions?
Thanks.

Hi all. My dad gave me his old TT GO 300, which is just an amazing little thing -- I can usually get lost simply crossing the street, so this little gizmo is miraculous. :)

Anyway, I downloaded TomTom Home v. 2.2.2.83. Following their instructions, I have started TTH, connected the powered-down TT to the computer, and turned on the TT. The computer (WinXP) recognizes the device; it is now a removable drive, as it should be.

TomTom Home maximizes itself, so it knows that a TomTom has been connected to the PC, however the "Device" menu entry is greyed out, and whatever action I try to take, e.g., "operate my device," it tells me to hook up my device, and will not go any further.

I have tried hooking it up repeatedly, turning it on and off, etc., always with the same results as described above. I went to the TT site, and registered there, including the device code, but that made no difference with the TTH app.

Any hints, clues, suggestions?
Thanks.
Did your father ever use the unit with HOME on his own computer?

Besides Pedro's advice, if you are connecting through a usb port on the front of the computer, you may want to use a port in the back.

I would also suggest a pin reset of the unit. (or did you say you tried that? :confused: )

Thank you all for your replies. Following your suggestions, I have now uninstalled/reinstalled TTH2 repeatedly. I've also done a reset on the TT, and tried various permutations of all of your suggestions (except for trying another PC, as I only have the one). I've rebooted the PC about a dozen times, in between these procedures, and still no joy. :(

I guess I'm just about ready to officially give up on TTH2. Would anyone have a link to someplace where it's still possible to get TomTom HOME 1.x? or a known-stable earlier version of TTH2?

All I'm after is installing a couple of 3d-party apps which require TTH for the installation, so I don't really care which version of TTH I'm using.

Thanks again.
:)

Thank you all for your replies. Following your suggestions, I have now uninstalled/reinstalled TTH2 repeatedly. I've also done a reset on the TT, and tried various permutations of all of your suggestions (except for trying another PC, as I only have the one). I've rebooted the PC about a dozen times, in between these procedures, and still no joy. :(

I guess I'm just about ready to officially give up on TTH2. Would anyone have a link to someplace where it's still possible to get TomTom HOME 1.x? or a known-stable earlier version of TTH2?

All I'm after is installing a couple of 3d-party apps which require TTH for the installation, so I don't really care which version of TTH I'm using.

Thanks again.
:)

Somebody in a British TT forum is having the same issue -- unit not being recognized by TTHome. The moderator there told the poster to contact TT Support who could email the person a file that would 'fix' the issue when installed. May be worth a shot.

Somebody in a British TT forum is having the same issue -- unit not being recognized by TTHome. [....]
Thank you for that. I believed that this was an issue specific to my system/setup. On doing some further research, I see that apparently there is some sort of issue of TTH 2.2.2.83 not recognizing TomToms with very old firmware. I was able to download TTH v. 2.1.2.121, and all appears to work well.

Link to thread at another site: http://www.yournav.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=11515
Link to download: http://rapidshare.com/files/91463932/TomTomHOME2winlatest.zip

The only downfall is, now that I've done all this additional reading, from a few posts it would seem that TTH pre 2.1 used to work from the card itself? if that's true, then I'm off on a search for a link to download an even earlier version -- I'd much prefer to simply pop the card into the built-in reader than to mess with removing my external storage drive so I can hook up the TT.

Can anyone confirm/deny that it is/was possible to run TTH using the card only?

Doesn't she have to have an account tied to her GO 300 so that HOME will recognize it?
[....] I went to the TT site, and registered there, including the device code, but that made no difference with the TTH app.
As I said in my OP, I do have one, but thank you for the suggestion. It occurred to me rather late, but ultimately didn't fix the problem. And, since I already had the account by the time I tried TTH 2.1.2.121, we don't know if that would have been an issue by itself too. Maybe it will help someone in the future, looking for a similar solution. :)

Ask a Question