TomTom Home 2.5.2.60?!?

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom GO 910
Anyone know what is fixed in TomTom Home 2.5.2.60? It was just offered to me and of course I just installed it. ;-)

~B

I just installed it and didn't find any difference so I suspect they fixed some of the "operate my go" issues people were having.

I think a difference is that 'Remove Items' now has 2 tabs, one for unit, the other for Computer. It seems to me that previous versions had 2 separate icons for removal of items.

I think a difference is that 'Remove Items' now has 2 tabs, one for unit, the other for Computer. It seems to me that previous versions had 2 separate icons for removal of items.

No, that has not changed.

Thanks for the clarification. Don't get into that area of Home too much so I knew I was on thin ice making the comment I did. ;)

I just tried the Operate your TT and it said it is not supported on my device...it worked before?

When you try to operate it, it should offer a necessary file to download. If not, try to uninstall and reinstall the Home software.

When you try to operate it, it should offer a necessary file to download. If not, try to uninstall and reinstall the Home software.

The file usually comes with a new application update - not a Home update.

I am glad I have not done the Home update, as i use the "Operate" frequrntly.

Sorry, but the required .dll to make Operate My Go function is part of a Home update, not a firmware application update. One has nothing to do with the other.

It might be a good recommendation to tell all the new users who got a TT for Christmas to log onto the Tom Tom website and download the latest version of Tom Tom home BEFORE they try connecting it to the computer - the disk provided with the device has TT Home version 1.6

Mule

A good suggestion but, unfortunately, the majority of TT users don't even know these forums exist, letalone log into them for advice and guidance. :eek:

Is there a way to drop back on Home. Before the upgrade I could us the Operate my Go now I get an error Code 9000 Fatal error.
I have tried to uninstall and reinstall,no change,contacted TT and they said they are working on it....

Sorry, but the required .dll to make Operate My Go function is part of a Home update, not a firmware application update. One has nothing to do with the other.

The reason I thought it was connected to the application is that during the times when when I was experimenting with different applications, any time I installed a latter one (after I had also cleaned out my Home folder), it only asked to download and install the added file when trying to operate my device after I loaded a latter Application.

I did this while using the same latest Home version at the time. When I tried 8.05 Beta - I got the message that it was not supported, as there was nothing on the server that TomTom had set up to download to operate it with Home.

It was my understanding that this was the the system file to virtually operate the device with Home, and it is installed only as needed to operate the device and was specific to the current application on the unit.

the disk provided with the device has TT Home version 1.6

There should be a sticker on all OEM Mfg'd supplied install/driver Disc,
that come with ANY computer related peripherals

should read:
Use the enclosed disc as a last resort !! The enclosed disc you are holding in your hand is most likely outdated. We suggest you use the enclosed disc as a nifty coaster for your MolsonEX.
For current and stable software / drivers, we highly suggest you login to
wwww.your new product.com and download all the "good stuff" there.

NOTE: If you're installing this new model XR-599 and don't have internet access? Then go ahead and use the enclosed disc. Just make it a point to upgrade to the current installer once you've arrived at a place that offers net connectivity

Ask a Question