TomTom Home 2.2.2.83 new version

What's new in TOMTOM Home 2.2.2.83 ? Haven't noticed anything major...
It looks the same to me, but it did clear up what I call 'memory gluttony', wherein TTHome was using up to 800Megs of my computers memory; 2.2.2.83 fixed this problem and may have cleared up other problems users where having with it. I didn't notice any enhancements.

It looks the same to me, but it did clear up what I call 'memory gluttony', wherein TTHome was using up to 800Megs of my computers memory; 2.2.2.83 fixed this problem and may have cleared up other problems users where having with it. I didn't notice any enhancements.

I think that the new software version now shows the correct map version and build when using TomTom home.

Downloading it now...will have to see what it fixes...my map share has been acting goofy since the last update

I think it makes my computer run just as slow if not slower

I think that the new software version now shows the correct map version and build when using TomTom home.
Mine's still wrong. TTHOME Operate My TomTom says software 7.163, my 510 and TTHOME Contents of my TomTom say 7.162, plus build numbers are different. GPS versions are different, memory usage is different. Not that big of a deal, but I know when I reported another problem that I accidentally gave them incorrect data from Operate My TomTom!

I complained, they told me to run the Flash Tool, no change.

Mine's still wrong. TTHOME Operate My TomTom says software 7.163, my 510 and TTHOME Contents of my TomTom say 7.162, plus build numbers are different. GPS versions are different, memory usage is different. Not that big of a deal, but I know when I reported another problem that I accidentally gave them incorrect data from Operate My TomTom!

I complained, they told me to run the Flash Tool, no change.

Are you referring to the unit's SOFTWARE version or the version and build of the MAP on your unit? I was referring to the map info; I acknowlege the rest of the data is not accurate.

I just tried an update on HOME, and tried something that I read in another thread somewhere, and it seemed to make a difference with the problem of taking way too long for an update.
Open the HOME program, and then click on "Update my device"
Once you do that, it will prompt you to connect your device.
Follow the instructions, and it should take dramatically less time to accomplish an update. I just got done doing it, and it only took 5 minutes as opposed to two or three times that long. :cool:

A new twist

OK, I tried opening HOME first, clicking on Update, then hooking up the unit, and connecting that way, and it seemed to be hung up for a while longer than it took me yesterday. I minimized the HOME window, and it was done in under a minute. I don't know if that was a coincidence, or if it somehow helps it along. I'm going to try and run it minimized tomorrow, and see how long it takes. I'll let you know! :eek:

Hi, I "upgraded" from Home 2.0 tp the latest 2.2.2.83. I have a 920T and am running Vista.

After the upgrade, I ran Home and got a HOMErunner.exe failed with error 1060. The specified service does not exist as an installed device. Try removing and reinstalling from scratch, tried running the install straight from the TomTom site as the error message suggested, tried turning off spam, firewall etc no change. Triedrunning under Windows XP compatability mode. Now the programme runs, but will not recognise the 920T, the device tab is greyed out.

The computer can see (and access) both the Flash and SD card.

Any pointers?

Barry

Hi, I "upgraded" from Home 2.0 tp the latest 2.2.2.83. I have a 920T and am running Vista.

After the upgrade, I ran Home and got a HOMErunner.exe failed with error 1060. The specified service does not exist as an installed device. Try removing and reinstalling from scratch, tried running the install straight from the TomTom site as the error message suggested, tried turning off spam, firewall etc no change. Triedrunning under Windows XP compatability mode. Now the programme runs, but will not recognise the 920T, the device tab is greyed out.

The computer can see (and access) both the Flash and SD card.

Any pointers?

Barry

I do not use Vista so may have some terms wrong but I think I saw where somebody with a similar problem had to reinstall the TTHome software but had to set the install setting for administrator to turn off the UAC control.

Thanks for the info, UAC is (or whatever it is) has been off since day one as it is a PITA! The programme has been reinstalled and I am running as administrator. TomTom are working on the issue but I thought I'd check here as well.

The problem was repeatable on a second Vista computer that had not previously had any TomTom Home installed so I guess it is notVista friendly:eek:

Thanks for the info, UAC is (or whatever it is) has been off since day one as it is a PITA! The programme has been reinstalled and I am running as administrator. TomTom are working on the issue but I thought I'd check here as well.

The problem was repeatable on a second Vista computer that had not previously had any TomTom Home installed so I guess it is notVista friendly:eek:

I have not been able to run anything past 2.1 on vista successfully :-( I am running vista x86 sp1 and this is the only app that I have trouble with. called tomtom support and they had no idea what was going on, ended up downloading the 2.1 version and reinstalling it

I will wait for them to get their sh*t together!

New trick worked again

I just ran an update on HOME again, and it took two minutes as it should.
As before, I opened HOME, clicked on Update Device.
When it prompted me to connect the Device, I did so.
As soon as the update started, I minimized the window that HOME was running in, and the update took two minutes, instead of 10 times that long if I had left the window maximized. I have no idea why this works, but it seems to make a HUGE difference! I will keep doing updates this way, and I'll be sure to let you know if this changes! :cool:

No Mac update yet....
banghead.gif

Ask a Question