Tomtom Graphics tweak

Hey all, just wondering if it's possible to edit the background color/images as well as the buttons in the menus. I searched around my Tomtoms root directory for button images to no avail a minute ago. The only thing I could think of is that they don't use .bmps for their buttons but I feel like they would have to. Idk. I'm pretty lost and am itching to do some more graphic work with my TomTom XL because I already did the splash and the cursor and want to hit the menus with a nice black and mess around with the button icons as well. Any wisdom would be greatly honored and appreciated.

I do believe the various colours and backgrounds are hard coded. I agree that it might be a nice enhancement if we could apply 'skins' to our units. I also know (for me, anyway) that looking at (and for) themes in TomTom Home is a waste of time.

You can use this program to create your own color schemes for the maps.
http://www.colorschemeeditor.com/index.php?lang=english
Beyond that, the color schemes are part of the Navcore software, and I think you'd have to be a programmer to edit them. Then, if you did that, I'm sure that would void the warranty.

I really wish we could alter the colors of NavCore. I'd make mine all dark... close to black.. :)

Ask a Question