tomtom go Turn screen upside down function menu lost

l have tomtom go 500 and last couple days ago l load new version (v7.162),after l did it go 500 have didnt show Turn screen upside down function menu ,l dont understand how can l solve this problem

l have tomtom go 500 and last couple days ago l load new version (v7.162),after l did it go 500 have didnt show Turn screen upside down function menu ,l dont understand how can l solve this problem

Your English is not clear. I own a 910 but I've played around with other TT models in stores for comparison and found out that all TT devices have the same menu system and there is no function to rotate the screen.

Wow, interesting. I went through all of the submenus on my 510 (also 7.162) and don't see the Invert item any more. I had a GO Classic so I remember the menu item you're talking about.

I think you have two options now:
1) Maybe go to Preferences 7 of 7 and do a Reset factory settings? I don't know if that will fix the inversion or not.
2) Reload an older version of the software, fix the inversion in the menus, then reload 7.162.

I would call TomTom and ask them, though.

PS: Thought of a 3rd option. If the menu editor still works, maybe you can edit that item back into the menu? OK, I tried it, and that button did nothing. I think they have stubbed that call out of their software. I think option 2) is your best bet, but call TomTom first.

Last edited:
thanks martinp13 ,l solved problem if you use new versino of tomtom program(7.162) there isnt this menu option(up and down screen),if you want it you have to use old old program (6.52)

Pedro, I tried that. I made a menu with JUST that option on it, and the button did nothing. Evidently they have stubbed out that call in the v7 software.

Martin, it looks like they did remove that option. But I did see it on my cousin's ONE LE with Navcore 7.
Strange.

That is strange. Maybe it was an orphan button on the ONE LE? One that they hadn't taken out, but didn't work?

Or maybe your cousin got tricked like I did and re-downloaded 6.xxx because HOME said I should, even though I already had 7.xxx on the TomTom! After I realized what had happened, I hooked it up again and HOME said "Wow, you need 7.xxx" so I got it again. Silly software.

Last edited:

Ask a Question