TomTom GO Permanent Mount for $62

Internetpilot

TomTom Model(s)
GO700 (Updated)
Just to let you older GO users know, Circuit City is selling the TomTom GO Permanent Mount kit for only $62. This is seems to be still listed in most online stores for $169, so that's an excellent savings. The direct link is HERE.

I can't figure out if I want this or not. To be completely honest, I haven't been able to figure out what the end product will look like installed. Do you still use the suction cup mount or does this come with some other method of mounting? I realize it auto dims your TomTom at night, plays the voice instructions over the speakers, adds an external antenna, and auto on/off with the ignition. However, my current installation already does the on/off thing (I installed an under-the-dash hidden 12v plug so my power cable is rather hidden), and I've seen bad reviews about this permanent mount system causes humming noises over the stereo system.

Does anyone have this accessory and what's your opinion on it?

Thanks.

Looks like that *Tip* I gave you paid off. As for the kit, I thought you got an additional mount that looked less removable as compated to the suction mount.

Looks like that *Tip* I gave you paid off. As for the kit, I thought you got an additional mount that looked less removable as compated to the suction mount.

It sure did -- thanks for that! Sorry I didn't toss you a nudge in the original message. I still haven't gone by the store itself to see if it's actually cheaper on closeout. Circuit City's website is listing it at a normal price of $69, but on sale for $62. Other places list it for $169. I'm beginning to wonder if it isn't a typo where they're just missing the "1".

Anyway, from looking at the pictures of what you get, I'm not seeing an extra mount. I'm seeing another base part of the mount (where you attach the GO) with two wires coming out of it, but I don't see the other part of the mount that would attach it to the dash, console, windshield, etc. I must be just not seeing something.

EDIT: Actually, after looking at the TomTom site, I found the same new mount that comes with this permanent mount kit available by itself, and it was a larger picture so I could see it better. Basically, it comes with a whole new mount, but instead of a sunction cup it has a piece that can be bolted to your dash or console or it can also attach to other 3rd-party mounting solutions. You can also continue using the suction cup mount as well.

Personally, I would like to keep using my sunction cup mount (it does very well for me in my minivan), and then just hide the extra wire like I'm currently hiding the power wire. The rumour of feedback noise over the speakers has me worried though. That wouldn't fly with me (or especially with my wife).

Last edited:
InternetPilot, did you ever buy the kit? I have one and it is a frustrating install process. I'm trying to see if anyone else has this kit and hopefully get some insight!

No, I never did buy it. I couldn't get any reliable feedback on the installation or the rumored humming noise that some report over the stereo speakers. I've since read on another forum that the installation is a bear and you basically need a pinout for ever part of your stereo system in order to get to work. I didn't need that headache when my OEM mounting method and especially the signal reception has been working fine.

hi there i had tt700 with permenent docking kit, total waste of time
background static was unbelievable on handsfree calls
binned it a bought tt910 very pleased i did best tt ever in my book

Ask a Question