TomTom Go Original to iPhone TT app

Been using Tomtom Go Original for 6 years all fine, but time has come to upgrade with my iPhone 4 and get the TOMTOM app instead.

Couple of questions :

1. I have backed up TTG to Mac - is there a way to import my favourites/locations etc to my iPhone TTG app?

2. I NEVER used the TTG voices and deleted them via USB years ago - is there a way to delete the voices on the app permanently so to save some space? or if not, just permanently 'mute' them?

3. Does the TT app store locations and favourites in its own app, or can it read from 'Address book" in iPhone?

Thanks!

3. Does the TT app store locations and favourites in its own app, or can it read from 'Address book" in iPhone?

Yes, both of those. You can Navigate to Contacts, and use any address in your contacts list.

I do still use Favourites sometimes, when TT doesn't accurately locate a Contact. It's also quicker to use a Favourite. A very useful new feature is to Navigate to Google Search. So you search on Google, locate (say) the pub or restaurant and simply Select. TT grabs the address and plots the route.

Traffic over the Internet is simple (although some users especially in the US have a problem - see separate thread). I've had no such problems and a t GBP23 pa it seems good value.

On the downside, you can only set one intermediate waypoint, which I find a limitation.

On your memory saving query, do you really need to save memory. I find 16GB is more than enough.

Ask a Question