TomTom Go Live 1000 USB Adaptor

Hi guys,

I just purchased a TomTom Go Live 1000.
When I was in the shop the display unit had a mini usb to propertiary TomTom adaptor.
I assumed that the unit I was buying would have the same setup but it does not.

This poeses a slight problem for me as I already have a mini USB cable hard wired into my car and was hoping to use it.
I asked the shop but tehy dont sell the adaptor they have and have no idea where to get one.

I did a search around the web and can't find one either - thought if anyone would know it would be someone here!

So anyone have any ideas where to source the adaptor.
Female Mini USB to propertiary TomTom

Cheers

Cheers but it's a bifferent connector on the 1000, like the pic below:

Accessories_DetailPage_TomTom-GO-Connect-Cable_715tcm131-3052_250.jpg

So I basically need a female mini usb on one end and the wide TomTom connector part on the other...

Was the thing you saw in the shop a cable with a multipin plug at one end and a mini USB socket at the other, or was it an adapter (i.e. a solid lump of plastic with a multipin plug and a mini USB socket)?

I must admit, I've never seen either of them for sale, or ever heard of one being supplied in the box, but it would be good to know what to look out for in the future.

The normal charger supplied now is cigar lighter plug-shaped with a full-sized USB socket, so the Go1000 is supplied with a single multipin plug to full-sized USB plug cable, which has to be shared as a charger lead and for connecting to the PC.

Maybe what you saw was the standard lead with a USB-to mini-USB adapter on the end of it?

The thing in the shop was a short cable, prob about 1" long with the relevant plugs on either end.

I should have really checked the box before I purchased, but I thought it might be easy enough to pick one up if it wasn't included.

Turns out they are impossible to find (so far)

Ask a Question