Tomtom GO 910 as external GPS receiver

Bas

Hi,

I want to use my Tomtom GO 910 as an external GPS receiver. In other words, I want to use google maps app on my mobile phone and use tomtom go910 via bluetooth as a simple provider of gps data. Is it possible? I can see tomtom go910 in the list of available bluetooth devices on my phone, but google maps app is not picking it up. It seems to me my phone doesn't recognise tomtom go910 as an external gps receiver. Any ideas?

Thank you for your help!

TomTom devices are RECEIVERS of signals, not SENDERS of gps signals. And that is what you'd need, I think.

TomTom devices are RECEIVERS of signals, not SENDERS of gps signals. And that is what you'd need, I think.
You know, there are a lot of little gps bluetooth devices without displays out there. They can be used with PCs or mobile phones. I was wandering if I could use my tomtom go910 as one of those devices. It has bluetooth and gps data inside.. it should be the way to expose that data to outside world.

Ask a Question