TomTom Go 750 Live and TMC

Hello,

During my search did I notice this great forum, maybe you can help my with my question.

I have a TomTom Go 750 Live, the Live services expired about a month ago. I thougt that I had done a smart move to buy a TMC-cable, which fits in the back of the TomTom-holder (usb-connector I guess).

But this doesn't work like I expected. He don't say that a TMC-module is connected and also he don't receive any information.

Do you know if it is possible to use TMC with an expired Live-service, or how I could fix this?

Thanks in advance!

For RDS-TMC to work with the x50 devices you must have the mount with the receiver built in to it, for some stupid reason the cabled RDS units have never worked with the x50 even though they work fine with the x40 range (go figure), the unit you need for RDS to work is This One - Mike

Hello,

Thanks you for your quick reply.
I have a nice Brodit-holder for my car, I'm afraid Bordit doesn't have these mounts with tmc-receiver...

It is possible to put an RDS-TMC equipped mount onto a Brodit dash clip but it does involve quite a bit of DIY its also a rather costly option!

There is also the RDS receiver thats integral to the charger cable which is a new accessory, although before purchasing one of These I would seek assurance directly from TomTom that it will work with a 750 when coupled to a Brodit Accessory mount. Its not listed as an option for the x50 model range at the moment, possibly waiting for the Navcore 9 bugs to get fixed - Mike

Do you have any instructions on how to do that?
I've got a TomTom TMC dock and a Brodit Clip and like to fit both together.

Ask a Question