TomTom GO 740 LIVE Fuel Prices

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom GO 740 LIVE
I was having a HORRIBLE problem where I could not get Fuel Prices to work on my 740 LIVE. It kept telling me I was not subscribed and to install it from HOME. After talking to Support... along with other problems, I ended up exchanging the unit for a new one at my local store.

Now that I have the new unit, everytime I connect my TomTom, it downloads FUEL. This does not seem right... this is a LIVE service, why is it downloading from HOME. Is anyone else seeing this? How can I be certain that I am getting fuel prices instantly from LIVE and not depending on my HOME download?

I hope this makes since, thanks for any help!!

Jon

SuperMod, gatorguy, should see your post sooner or later. He has a 740 and will be able to advise.

My 740 downloads fuel prices only when requested. There can be a little delay while it connects to servers, and the prices are not always current. I've sometimes had to force an update by changing fuel grades, then back to what I actually use. All in all, fuel price feature has been pretty good, but it's not 100% accurate nor up-to-date.

My 740 downloads fuel prices only when requested. There can be a little delay while it connects to servers, and the prices are not always current. I've sometimes had to force an update by changing fuel grades, then back to what I actually use. All in all, fuel price feature has been pretty good, but it's not 100% accurate nor up-to-date.

Do you see any downloads in home for Fuel??? How can I be certain it downloads via LIVE and not depend on HOME download??? It appears it is almost acting as an PLUS account. I have never seen it say "connecting...." when selecting fuel.

edit: as a matter of fact, when HOME connects, in my update screen there is usually always a Fuel option and it tells me to Select my fuel type... funny this is in HOME and not on my device.

Last edited:
Home also offers a free fuel app. Have no idea why or what the advantage would be. I very seldom use home, maybe 2 or 3 times in the past couple of months.

When you tap on fuel prices, it doesn't say "downloading"? Try changing fuel type and see if you get "connecting to server". My biggest gripe is no matter how you get the TT fuel prices, it doesn't tell you how old the data is. MSN, who pretty much uses the same reporting service, tells you if the price is from today, yesterday, 2 days ago, etc.

Last edited:
Home also offers a free fuel app. Have no idea why or what the advantage would be. I very seldom use home, maybe 2 or 3 times in the past couple of months.

When you tap on fuel prices, it doesn't say "downloading"? Try changing fuel type and see if you get "connecting to server". My biggest gripe is no matter how you get the TT fuel prices, it doesn't tell you how old the data is. MSN, who pretty much uses the same reporting service, tells you if the price is from today, yesterday, 2 days ago, etc.

Gator, changing the fuel grade/type did finally show "connecting". Thank You for your advise/help... much appreciated!!!

Ask a Question