TomTom GO 730 update bricked my GO?

TomTom Model(s)
GO 730T
I just downloaded the TomTom GO 730 update. In updating, it seemed confused as to where the update should GO, internal or SD card. In order to make it download to the proper place, it seemed like I should remove the 4GB card. The update went fine, and I was excited to see that now one of the choices is to play road instructions through the FM radio. Plus, now there is a little "home" icon on the map where home is.

After the update, I turned the GO off, waited ten seconds, re-inserted my 4GB card, pressed the on button - NOTHING! It won't start up. I removed the card. Still won't start. It acts totally dead.

When I inserted the SD card into a card reader, and connected it to my computer, TomTom HOME started up. That was a surprise, because I only had my MP3 folder on the SD card before.

Now what?

Edit: After trying everything I knew, I finally resorted to putting a paper clip in the reset hole. After that it started up. My settings seem to still be there. Is this a problem with a bad connection to the SD card? A fluke? What?

Last edited:
By removing the card in the first place, you caused some confusion for the TomTom unit, it appears.

A pin reset often cures many issues.

Ask a Question