TomTom Go 730 Juke Box Problem - 16Go SD Card

Hi,

i recently get a Go730, a 16go SD Card.

when i go to the joke box and want to listen music from the SD card, the gps dont play the right Mp3, some time(1/10) the mp3 seen on the screen is corect.

my mp3 folder name is "mp3" and all the song are in the list. but never play the right song (always the same wrong song)

can you help me???

if i remove the SD card and listen music directy from the Gps its work fine, but i have 200mg free space on the GPS...

I sincerely hope you meant the juke box and not the joke box!

Hi,

i recently get a Go730, a 16go SD Card.

when i go to the joke box and want to listen music from the SD card, the gps dont play the right Mp3, some time(1/10) the mp3 seen on the screen is corect.

my mp3 folder name is "mp3" and all the song are in the list. but never play the right song (always the same wrong song)

can you help me???

if i remove the SD card and listen music directy from the Gps its work fine, but i have 200mg free space on the GPS...

Hi,

I sincerely hope you meant the juke box and not the joke box!
One of the options burried deep in the menu system is to shuffle the files and playing them - by any chance you this option selected?
Are you using a playlist at all? The playlists need to have a file extension '.pla'
And should be a plain text file with lines such as:

WesternPop/Abba1/Chiquitita.mp3
WesternPop/Abba1/Dancing Queen.mp3
WesternPop/Abba1/Does Your Mother Know.mp3
WesternPop/Abba1/Eagle.mp3
WesternPop/Abba1/Fernando.mp3

Where the file can be called as Abba1.pla, it needs to exist within mp3 directory and the 'WesternPop/Abba1' is a directory structure within mp3 directory.
Note that the directory names should not have spaces in them but the actual mp3 file names may have spaces in them.

yes i want to write JUKE and no JOKE lol

im no using playlist.

only put some mp3 in the folder "mp3" on my SD card,

the same sont play when some song attemp to play, but isnt the right song.

i use a "repair tool" on my mp3, most mp3 work fine, but manu didnt work on my tomtom,

its strange....

yes i want to write JUKE and no JOKE lol
im no using playlist.
only put some mp3 in the folder "mp3" on my SD card,
the same sont play when some song attemp to play, but isnt the right song.
i use a "repair tool" on my mp3, most mp3 work fine, but manu didnt work on my tomtom,
its strange....
If there is enough disk space on the internal drive of your tomtom, try copying one or two of the mp3 files to the internal drive - and then try - if the same files work properly while on the internal drive then your SD card has some problem.

But from what I understood from your response; you seem to be unsure about the mp3 files themselves - in that case you may need to use proper mp3 files and may be the files you are trying to use are corrupted somehow.

nothing work...

i try to copy directly +- 100 mp3, but only find 53 on my SD card.

if y copy some "video files" within my mp3 folder, they fucked up my gps?

and i have wierd folder and files created on the SD card...

pics:
Club CRX Qu?bec - Album Photo - Derniers ajouts/desktop

same problem!

ill try to Format the Sd card, recopy and it didnt work... really dont know what wrong.

if y only have +- 16 mp3 its work, over 60 didn't...

Last edited:
nothing work...
i try to copy directly +- 100 mp3, but only find 53 on my SD card.
if y copy some "video files" within my mp3 folder, they fucked up my gps?
and i have wierd folder and files created on the SD card...

Sorry, I don't think I can help you there.

To start with my Tom Tom is a different model - I have a 940, so I am not even sure whether your Tom Tom has support for mp3 or not.

Sorry.

Double check the music files you have loaded to the card are actually mp3 format, just because they play on the PC doesn't mean they are true mp3 files - Mike

I am having a very similar problem when playing mp3 files on my TomTom GO 730.

When I go into TomTom Jukebox and select a song to start playing, it will play for 20-30 seconds and then simply cut out. Nothing will happen unless I go back in a select another song, and even then the same problem occurs.

I have tried the following to rectify the problem:
- Updated GPS unit to the latest software through TomTom HOME.
- Tried different SD cards as well as storing the songs on the unit's internal memory
- Resetting the unit (this solves the problem for a day or two, but then it starts doing it again)
- I have confirmed I only have mp3 files stored in the mp3 folder.

Comments I found after searching internet foprums indicate that it is a software issue.

I've sent TomTom Technical Support a question - but no response as of yet. By the sounds of it - they need to release a new version of the software that fixes the bug.

Scott - I am having the exact same problems with my Go 930...I have just sent a support email to TomTom, and will see what they say.
I was on a recent driving holiday and was planning to shuffle through my entire MP3 collection on the SD Card...but every so often it would cut out suddenly, meaning that when I started playing it forgot which songs it had previously played and started shuffling again, resulting in loads of songs played multiple times, and others not played once.
I had to reset the unit a few times (or normally just remove the card and reinstall it) which often temporarily cured it, but after a while it would do it again. I got so fed up we just listened to the car radio instead. Sometimes it would stop after the first 10 seconds of the first track...other times it would play for a few hours but I assumed perhaps the card was faulty in some way.
Reading your comments it looks like it might not be the card at all...did you get any reply from TomTom...if not, might be an idea to chase them / report it again, as it appears my problem is exactly the same!

Try downgrading to app 8.302 (see here). It's a much more stable app for the MP3 player, and the remote "back" button works on that app too.

TomTom support recommended that I used the Clear Flash Tool in order to clear any problems on the SD Card by clearing the Flash memory.

I tried it, and it seems to have solved the problem...have played the jukebox for 10 hours since doing it, and so far has played ok.

Their instructions were:

STEP 1 - Creating a backup of your map

- Charge your unit for at least two hours (preferably via the home charger)
- Perform a reset on your device (see: Reset )
- Connect your device to the computer and turn it on
- Open the Home software, go to page 2 and press on the "Manage My Device" (Go, ONE, XL) button.
- Tick your map and press on the "Copy to Computer" button

IMPORTANT: We advise you to follow the next steps ONLY if you have made a successful backup of your map.

STEP 2 - To perform a Factory Reset please do the following.
Please be aware that you will lose any recent destinations and favourites by doing this - you can make a backup of these first in TomTom HOME by clicking on the button called

Backup & Restore.

? Switch on the unit
? Go to 'Change Preferences' (ensure all menu options are visible)
? Go to the last screen and select 'Reset Factory Settings'
? Select 'Yes'

STEP 3 - Please perform soft reset the device by visiting Reset

STEP 4 Run the Clear Flash tool

- Download the clear flash tool from Clear Flash tool and follow the instructions on this web page.
- Once this has completed, switch your TomTom device off, disconnect it from the Computer and then switch it back on.

STEP 5 Run a Disk Error Check

For details on running a disc error check, please click on Check device memory for errors.

Ask a Question