TomTom Go 720 with Samsung Blackjack

I have just got a Tomtom Go 720 and I am looking to get a Cingular Smart Phone to use for both hands free and data services. If I look at the list of compatible phones listed by TomTom they don't look that interesting.

Ideally I would like to get a Samsung Blackjack - has anyone managed to get this to work for both hands free and data services?

Thanks

I just picked up a 720 yesterday because I was happy to see that the HTC TyTN was supported (Cingular 8525). Unfortunately, when I got home I found out that the upgrade to Windows Mobile 6 gets ride of the Bluetooth DUN and replaces it with PAN. After about 10 minutes with google, I was able to find a way to reinstate it.

That said, you may want to check and see if the Blackjack supported Dial Up Networking over bluetooth. If not, you may want to check out the latest HTC phone, the Tilit, at AT&T. This is the upgrade to the one I have. FYI - It includes built in GPS in the phone.

I just picked up a 720 yesterday because I was happy to see that the HTC TyTN was supported (Cingular 8525). Unfortunately, when I got home I found out that the upgrade to Windows Mobile 6 gets ride of the Bluetooth DUN and replaces it with PAN. After about 10 minutes with google, I was able to find a way to reinstate it.

That said, you may want to check and see if the Blackjack supported Dial Up Networking over bluetooth. If not, you may want to check out the latest HTC phone, the Tilit, at AT&T. This is the upgrade to the one I have. FYI - It includes built in GPS in the phone.

Thanks. Some searching confirms that the Blackjack does not support DUN.

I'll look at the Tilt but it sounds like this has DUN disabled now as well. I would prefer to find a smartphone that is truly compatible.

Ask a Question