TomTom Go 720 stuck on boot screen help

Hi, i have a tom tom go 720, had it for just over a year so just out its warranty :(

the unit just froze on me the other day, i had to use the reset button to shut in down.

On rebooting it now just sits on a slash screen showing a picture of the device and a hard drive logo.

When trying to connect to the pc, it comes up with the please wait screen and freezes, also

can't view the tom-tom?s internal memory with explorer as it just says no drive detected.

we're tried putting all the back up dir to a sd card and loading from there, it starts but then also

freezes on a different splash screen showing a photo of a road. Any ideas what else can be done to

kick this thing into life :confused: running out of ideas.

many thanks for any help.

Like dhn said :)

When ever my device approaches a state like that, I do a pin reset (device shuts off,) sit the TomTom on the dock (or USB cable) and THEN power on the device. The TomTom will skip the boot up process and immediately go into mass storage mode (to be able to access the device's memory devices)

Ask a Question