TomTom GO 720 - Shouldn't it power on when I start the car?

I have a TomTom Go 510 that I have used for about a year and a half. I keep it plugged into a cigarette lighter that powers on/off with the car. With the 510, the unit turns on when I start the car. When I turn off the car, I have the 510 set to turn off 10 seconds after the car is off.

I just got a TomTom GO 720 (running 8.3 FW and the 8.15 maps). Plugged it into the same cigarette lighter, but when I start the car, only the little green power light turns on, not the display or the unit. I have to still manually press the power button. However, when I turn the car off, the unit does the 10 second count down and turns off (as desired).

Is there something else I need to set so the 720 turn on with the car and I don't need to then press the 720 power button every time? Thanks!

Sorry, but the functionality to auto power on TT units was removed from firmware over a year ago. You are not the first to request it...:(

Ask a Question